You prefer Modern or Vintage cycling jerseys ?

13»

Comments

• 47p2
    47p2 Posts: 329
    80s jerseys are perfect for hiding the extra kilos I carry around today, sadly they struggle to keep me cool on a warm day

P1050574.jpg

P1050570.jpg

P1050572.jpg

P1050573.jpg
  • jimnm
    jimnm Posts: 29
    I have both vintage and modern jerseys. Being as I am getting on lol (understatement ) lol
    I have loved and still love getting out on my bike (Genesis Equalibrium) you could say vintage but it's only a 2010 chromoly 725 steel frame. Up around 5 ish dressed and out after a drink. The roads are quiet at this time, but usually head for the promenade.
    I like wind proof jerseys as we have a lot of wind off the sea. I wouldn't wear team jerseys as I am not worthy. 8)
  • davidof
    davidof Posts: 3,042
    Merino wool jerseys, look fairly cool, horribly sweaty to ride in

IMG_20160604_092119.jpg

I speak from experience :-)
    BASI Nordic Ski Instructor
    Instagramme
  • sheffsimon
    sheffsimon Posts: 1,282
    Pross wrote:
    I had an old woolen jersey when I first started riding which looked great but it was absolutely horrendous to ride in especially if it got wet. Give me modern materials anyday. It may have been different with merino wool but I don't think that many old jerseys were merino. For me in 20 odd years of riding the clothing has improved more than bike and component technology. Maybe it is just that I never had great quality kit but even cheap stuff now seems pretty good.

This.

I had some Been Bag ribbed woolly training tights when I started out...I feel zero nostalgia for those, for sure. Once wet, they stayed wet.

My first club jersey was a woolly one, looked great when freshly washed, but at the end of a cyclo-cross race, or a wet training ride, it was rubbish, with the pockets hanging round my a**e.

Plain clothing in modern materials is my preference.