CS3 police boards

pmorgan1
pmorgan1 Posts: 173
edited June 2016 in Commuting chat
I've spotted 3 yellow boards along CS3 asking for information regarding 3 incidents. Two of them are "vehicle incidents" and one a "fatal incident".

Does anyone know (e.g. from twitter) whether any of these involve bikes, if so, who are the other parties involved, e.g. cars, pedestrians?

Comments

• cookeeemonster
    cookeeemonster Posts: 1,991
    Very, very, very much doubt any bikes were involved. Given a choice of putting a large, unlit, grey with no high viz (from behind) sign boards on the pavement or on what is a cycle motorway, guess what they do 100% of the time? (GOD FORBID THEY GO ANYWHERE BEAR THE ROAD!!!!!)

My pet hate about the cs3, every few months a load of sign go up in the middle of it blocking it for the benefit of motorists...sometimes in very dangerous positions. I assume these ones are a bit further down nearer the city though as I'm not sure I've noticed them?
  • BobMcbob
    BobMcbob Posts: 104
    Very, very, very much doubt any bikes were involved. Given a choice of putting a large, unlit, grey with no high viz (from behind) sign boards on the pavement or on what is a cycle motorway, guess what they do 100% of the time? (GOD FORBID THEY GO ANYWHERE BEAR THE ROAD!!!!!)

My pet hate about the cs3, every few months a load of sign go up in the middle of it blocking it for the benefit of motorists...sometimes in very dangerous positions. I assume these ones are a bit further down nearer the city though as I'm not sure I've noticed them?

On more than one occasion i have moved such signs from the cycle path to the footpath, only for them to be returned back to where they were the next day... I think someone in the council/police gets kicks out of this, I refuse to believe its just ignorance.
  • The Rookie
    The Rookie Posts: 27,812
    Try a formal complaint to TfL perhaps, a complaint for every sign.

Of course once someone is hurt by riding into one and they get their a55e5 sued they may grow a brain cell.
    Currently riding a Whyte T130C, X0 drivetrain, Magura Trail brakes converted to mixed wheel size (homebuilt wheels) with 140mm Fox 34 Rhythm and RP23 suspension. 12.2Kg.
  • jds_1981
    jds_1981 Posts: 1,858
    The Rookie wrote:
    Try a formal complaint to TfL perhaps, a complaint for every sign.

Of course once someone is hurt by riding into one and they get their a55e5 sued they may grow a brain cell.
    I'm going to use my middle class rage and will tweet them and Khan every crap thing I encounter on CS2 at least. If everyone did this they might take notice
    FCN 9 || FCN 5
  • slowbike
    slowbike Posts: 8,498
    I assume the CS3 map time suggestions allows for the presence of police boards as it suggest 30 minutes for about 5 miles ...
  • surrey_commuter
    surrey_commuter Posts: 18,867
    Slowbike wrote:
    I assume the CS3 map time suggestions allows for the presence of police boards as it suggest 30 minutes for about 5 miles ...

it is allowing for passively smoking a large amount of weed down Cable St.
  • slowbike
    ah! :)
    I'll find out when I use it to go to register for the RL100 ... planning on dropping the wife and munchkin off at Tower Hill - pop down (it's 5 miles each way - so that's what 20 mins max each way? Allow 20 mins for registration and I'll be back within the hour ...
  • surrey_commuter
    surrey_commuter Posts: 18,867
    Slowbike wrote:
    ah! :)
    I'll find out when I use it to go to register for the RL100 ... planning on dropping the wife and munchkin off at Tower Hill - pop down (it's 5 miles each way - so that's what 20 mins max each way? Allow 20 mins for registration and I'll be back within the hour ...

I would describe it as a 15-17mph pootle + time for traffic lights... registration will be less than 20 minutes.
  • slowbike
    ta :) an hour will cover it then - I'll be on my CX as I'll attach the child seat for most of the day ... fortunately we have two brackets!