Completely new day Friday

team47b
team47b Posts: 6,425
edited June 2016 in The bottom bracket
So much to do today that I might just ignore it all and go out on a bike, seems like a plan :D
my isetta is a 300cc bike

Comments

• lincolndave
    lincolndave Posts: 9,441
    Seems a very good plan to me, what brilliant thinking :)
  • sungod
    sungod Posts: 16,612
    another gloomygrey day here, hoping to not get rained on

having a day off though i've done the overnight emails, waiting for cafe time then off to the sticks to change my new road shoes for some that fit (do not believe lake's size guide, it's utter piffle)

later may be some tinkering with a widget i'm designing
    my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny
  • homers_double
    homers_double Posts: 8,054
    Got to stay on track today as were in a sportive tomorrow so I do not need or want to be lead down the path of beers, helping to do some decorating this afternoon so I need my wits about me so the beer monster doesn't strike.
    Advocate of disc brakes.
  • sungod
    sungod Posts: 16,612
    remember animal house, where bluto begins to chant... toe-Gah toe-Gah toe-Gah

whatever you do, don't start chanting beer-Ah beer-Ah beer-Ah to the same rhythm

don't even think beer-Ah beer-Ah beer-Ah

beer-Ah beer-Ah beer-Ah
    my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny
  • seanoconn
    seanoconn Posts: 11,467
    Sooo gloomy and so much boring work to do. Up at half 3 again shooing out a bat. Sneaky bugger must have been hiding as I plugged up all holes. Roll on the weekend
    Pinno, מלך אידיוט וחרא מכונאי
  • ballysmate
    ballysmate Posts: 15,921
    My missus will not go anywhere if there is any suggestion of there being any bats. Terrified.
    She would have moved out of Chez Sean pronto.
  • seanoconn
    Oh there's been plenty of screaming in my home don't worry. Some of it from my missus.
  • orraloon
    orraloon Posts: 12,758
    What is it with this bleeping weather? Raining again this morning. Will whoever is doing that rain dance please stop it, now, just stop.

Steeling myself for round 2 with the wasps, whose nest I smacked down with a long stick and ran away from last night, on premise they don't fly at night. Oh yes they blxxdy do.
  • seanoconn
    Would this work with bats?
  • orraloon
    You leave them bats alone, protected specieses... Get the law on yer...

Oxoman. Def wasps. Spotted nest in daylight. Had gone with the powder puffer at dusk idea, failed dismally, due to the effects of gravity (whatever became of Manc33?) on a dust held inside a plastic tube, design failure.

As still small, plan B smack down and run followed.

Plan C should it be required will involve pressurised spray and lance. PA1/6 licenced killer me you know. :twisted:
  • seanoconn
    orraloon wrote:
    You leave them bats alone, protected specieses... Get the law on yer...

Oxoman. Def wasps. Spotted nest in daylight. Had gone with the powder puffer at dusk idea, failed dismally, due to the effects of gravity (whatever became of Manc33?) on a dust held inside a plastic tube, design failure.

As still small, plan B smack down and run followed.

Plan C should it be required will involve pressurised spray and lance. PA1/6 licenced
    killer me you know.
    :twisted:
    Me too :D Two day course, I aced it.
  • homers_double
    My new pets seem to have started building their nest in the furthest possible part of the loft eaves so I can't even see it just keep watching the little gits buzz in under a roof tile somewhere.
    Advocate of disc brakes.
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,491
    Me ho hum strimming me. Weather won't make it's mind up. Was going to pedal but seriously whacked from this weeks efforts.

Re.: Wasps - get some chimney smokers from B&Q/Heating supplier. They are used to test chimney efficiency.

laters.
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • homers_double
    And smoke out the entire loft?
    Advocate of disc brakes.
  • drlodge
    drlodge Posts: 4,826
    Smokers won't work for a nest, they'll kill insects only in the loft "space", not where they're going in/out. I'd get someone in to get rid of them properly.

Me - looking forward to fitting a large vertical blind at the weekend on the hall window (9' tall), followed by a Prezzo meal with the kiddies Sunday c/o Tesco vouchers.
    WyndyMilla Massive Attack | Rourke 953 | Condor Italia 531 Pro | Boardman CX Pro | DT Swiss RR440 Tubeless Wheels
    Find me on Strava
  • homers_double
    That was my thought, env health are on my list to call.
    Advocate of disc brakes.
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,391
    Ballysmate wrote:
    She would have moved out of Chez Sean pronto.
    Seano has this effect on women.
    Quite busy here, perfectly normal for a Friday. No cafe today as I'm leaving at 4 to go and pick the girl up. Going round to the 'rents later with fish and chips as it's the old man's birthday. Off to Bristol tomorrow to see the university with the boy, could be a long day.
  • Wheelspinner
    Wheelspinner Posts: 6,573
    Home.

This is good.
    Open One+ BMC TE29 Seven 622SL On One Scandal Cervelo RS
  • orraloon
    Plan B smack down and run appears to have worked, no wasps present this morning. Result.
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,491
    orraloon wrote:
    Plan B smack down and run appears to have worked, no wasps present this morning. Result.

VN usually has Curry on a Wednesday night. invite VN around on a Thursday and get him to fart. Simples.
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • mrfpb
    mrfpb Posts: 4,569
    Way too much work to do and needs to be finished today as working away next week. Avoiding Referendum thread and Euros on Web in order to get stuff done, and it seems to be working.
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,391
    mrfpb wrote:
    Avoiding Referendum thread
    Well done, I must try harder.
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,896
    Long day after the funeral fun yesterday

Improved by the pub :)
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,801
    Evening lycra lovers,

Bizarrely it hardly rained on us at all in Wales today, despite it absolutely stacking it down first thing and again on the way home down the M4. Spent most of the day getting to grips with two of the black runs, one of them rather aptly named 'Dai Hard'. My left leg is a bit the worse for wear but it shows I was trying :)

Have you lot being playing nicely while I've been away?
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • Wheelspinner
    Wheelspinner Posts: 6,573
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    Evening lycra lovers,

Bizarrely it hardly rained on us at all in Wales today, despite it absolutely stacking it down first thing and again on the way home down the M4. Spent most of the day getting to grips with two of the black runs, one of them rather aptly named 'Dai Hard'. My left leg is a bit the worse for wear but it shows I was trying :)

Have you lot being playing nicely while I've been away?

Oh dear. Cramp?
    Open One+ BMC TE29 Seven 622SL On One Scandal Cervelo RS
  • Stevo_666
    Nope, got whacked by a heavy object.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • tlw1
    Stevo 666 wrote:

Your knob?
  • Stevo_666
    TLW1 wrote:
    Stevo 666 wrote:

Your knob?
    A plausible explanation, but it was my bike in this case :)
  • tlw1
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    TLW1 wrote:
    Stevo 666 wrote:

Your knob?
    A plausible explanation, but it was my bike in this case :)

Feck, that thing weighs a lot!
  • verylonglegs
    verylonglegs Posts: 3,958
    Pinno was hiding behind a tree throwing things at him.