Penrith / Cumbria 15 May chat / slide show. 5966 miles and no plan. A GB (mis)adventure.

Fatamorgana
Fatamorgana Posts: 257
edited May 2016 in Tour & expedition
Penrith / Cumbria / NW England.

In case it’s a miserable weekend over 14-15 May, I am giving a chat / slide show about photography and a bike ride Britain - or should that read: “A bike ride around Britain with a camera", or words to that effect on the Sunday,15th?

https://www.facebook.com/events/271227749877511/

"The plan: there was no plan. None.
A dream come true, a life-long ambition, errr, not really. 

Having raided eBay two weeks prior to departure and feeling something of a fraud, professional photographer Tim Fisher and “Papillon” headed out with a camera, two lenses and a bottle of beer towards John O’Groats-ish.

After JoG? A beer, a shrug of the shoulders, he and “Papillon” turned around and rode back to Lands End-ish, then for good measure, just kept going.

We’re born, we die, what we do in-between is what counts; so it is with Tim’s 5966 mile (mis)adventure(s) ‘round Great Britain.” - yes, I had to condense things into 110 words or less.

It’s my first such lecture / chat / slide show plus I will have a two day stand at the inaugural Cumbria Photography Show over these dates.

Come and witness me try and not make a complete sow’s ear of myself?

As Bill Bryson observed in his 2015 travel logue, “The Road To Little Dribbling”,  that, “..the Lake District, when it is fine, and it is at least that, is surely the most beautiful place on earth” and ".... Britain's three triple countryside activities are : walking, cycling and sitting in a lay-by by having a nap."

There will be free parking - which means, if you plan this right, you can have a nap in said car park, on the very edge of the Lake District National Park after listening to a man drone on about his bike ride - how all-encompassing is that for a Sunday afternoon out?

Tim

Comments