What has changed in Pro Cycling

13»

Comments

• The_Boy
    The_Boy Posts: 3,099
    Did that magazine change its name from Sugar Ape?
    Team My Man 2018: David gaudu, Pierre Latour, Romain Bardet, Thibaut pinot, Alexandre Geniez, Florian Senechal, Warren Barguil, Benoit Cosnefroy
  • No_Ta_Doctor
    No_Ta_Doctor Posts: 13,339
    Some things don't change...

CaimlJPWIAAK7Pv.jpg:large

And there was me thinking he wasn't on drugs.

Not sure how good E is on a mountain climb though.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format
  • Macaloon
    Macaloon Posts: 5,545
    Froome: hands-down, the smartest troll in the sport.
    ...a rare 100% loyal Pro Race poster. A poster boy for the community.
  • ocdupalais
    ocdupalais Posts: 4,236
    This is what happens when he stops looking at the stem.
  • Holy shuddering fupp
    "In many ways, my story was that of a raging, Christ-like figure who hauled himself off the cross, looked up at the Romans with blood in his eyes and said 'My turn, sock cookers'"

@gietvangent
  • rick_chasey
    rick_chasey Posts: 72,795
    Might be a zoolander joke....
  • Vino'sGhost
    Vino'sGhost Posts: 4,129
    Wet Paris Roubaix are no more :(.

Totally agree, the three mudcovered quickstep riders on the podium was the last I think?
  • No_Ta_Doctor

Totally agree, the three mudcovered quickstep riders on the podium was the last I think?

Wet Roubaixs are a myth spread by old men to suck the enjoyment out of it for the younger generation.
  • rick_chasey

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-7iGl1-psQQ

• No_Ta_Doctor

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-7iGl1-psQQ" target="_blank

Hincapie in the ditch!
  • Wet Paris Roubaix are no more :(.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-7iGl1-psQQ" target="_blank

So many great things about that video...

1. The speed Museeuw went round the corners on the Carrefour de l'Arbre.
    2. Boonen schooling Hincapie on the cobbles
    3. David Duffield

To go a bit deejay for a minute, I remember meeting Duffers at the Tour of Britain in 2004 and when I talked to him I realised his days were numbered :cry:
  • Boonen got a load of beer thrown over him that day for chasing Museeuw. The fans didn't know who he was and assumed he was American.
    "In many ways, my story was that of a raging, Christ-like figure who hauled himself off the cross, looked up at the Romans with blood in his eyes and said 'My turn, sock cookers'"

@gietvangent
  • Boonen got a load of beer thrown over him that day for chasing Museeuw. The fans didn't know who he was and assumed he was American.

And there's Belgian fans keeping it classy still and honouring their roadside peers in Zolder 2 weeks ago
  • JesseD
    JesseD Posts: 1,961
    Kamikaze breakaways making it to the finish and not being caught by the lead-out trains in a perfectly timed chase!

GC contenders/leaders jumping off the front and dropping everyone to solo to stage victory.

Riders who could win everything, cobbles - no problem, mountains - piece of pish, sprints - easy!
    Obsessed is a word used by the lazy to describe the dedicated!
  • The_Boy
    The_Boy Posts: 3,099
    The standard of uniform and hair have deteriorated significantly. Probably due to the ecstasy tablets being replaced by cocaine and ketamine as drug of choice among students/young creatives.

Exhibit A:

11377600_461624850666242_314776114_n.jpg
    Team My Man 2018: David gaudu, Pierre Latour, Romain Bardet, Thibaut pinot, Alexandre Geniez, Florian Senechal, Warren Barguil, Benoit Cosnefroy
  • joelsim
    joelsim Posts: 7,552
    The_Boy wrote:
    The standard of uniform and hair have deteriorated significantly. Probably due to the ecstasy tablets being replaced by cocaine and ketamine as drug of choice among students/young creatives.

Exhibit A:

Unless you're a member of The Bullingdon Club, then I suspect Es are still somewhat more affordable than coke to students.

Nice uniform tho'.
  • Joelsim wrote:
    The_Boy wrote:

Exhibit A:

Unless you're a member of The Bullingdon Club, then I suspect Es are still somewhat more affordable than coke to students.

Nice uniform tho'.

Coke v cheap*. Cut with crap innit

*er, so I understand
  • joelsim
    Joelsim wrote:
    The_Boy wrote:

Exhibit A:

Nice uniform tho'.

Coke v cheap*. Cut with crap innit

*er, so I understand

Still going to cost you a few Ayrtons as you well know. Gram of Charlie or 10 pills? Hmm
  • bobmcstuff
    bobmcstuff Posts: 11,196
    I don't know, in my experience it's quite common in lots of groups these days.

I was at a cr@p Wetherspoons in a not-particularly-well-off area of Liverpool a few weeks ago (don't ask) and there were just a couple of normal looking guys doing it (if Scousers can ever count as normal ;) ). I hear Liverpool has quite prevalent coke use generally. Aspirational thing.

Point above that it was probably mostly flour is likely correct though :)
  • bobmcstuff
    bobmcstuff Posts: 11,196
    http://www.theguardian.com/society/2015 ... 001-report
    There y'go - highest use in Europe, and has increased in lower income groups.
  • joelsim
    Oh well I'm old now. And Cocaine was never my drug of choice, far better options available.

And I didn't inhale ;)
  • rick_chasey
    Explains a lot....
  • ridgerider
    ridgerider Posts: 2,851
    I seem to be hearing 'attacking on the descent' more often than a year or so ago.
    Half man, Half bike
  • rick_chasey
    Ridgerider wrote:
    I seem to be hearing 'attacking on the descent' more often than a year or so ago.

That's cos Carlton gets confused with "attack" and "left a gap".
  • ridgerider
    ridgerider Posts: 2,851
    It seems to have come into fashion as a way of getting a marginal gain over a GC rider who is not going to risk his jersey hopes on the way down.

And I can't get cycling on my TV so have no idea what you are on about when it comes to commentators!
    Half man, Half bike