Turbo Trainer question

Simon-R7
Simon-R7 Posts: 59
I am looking to get into using Zwift as riding on rollers in the shed is soul destroying. I can see that I have 2 alternatives.

1. Buy a Tacx Vortex Smart trainer + Turbo tyre, this will give me a fully smart trainer including increased resistance on hills on Zwift.

2. Buy an Elite muin 11 direct drive trainer. This is supposed to be a great bit of kit giving a near outdoor experience in the comfort of my shed :) BUT it will not simulate going uphill by increasing the resistance on Zwift yet, this may or may not happen in the future.

3. Suggest an alternative that I have not listed...

If it was you which way would you go?

Comments

• Simon-R7 wrote:

1. Buy a Tacx Vortex Smart trainer + Turbo tyre, this will give me a fully smart trainer including increased resistance on hills on Zwift.

Sounds like a good plan to me.
    2. Buy an Elite muin 11 direct drive trainer. This is supposed to be a great bit of kit giving a near outdoor experience in the comfort of my shed :) BUT it will not simulate going uphill by increasing the resistance on Zwift yet, this may or may not happen in the future.

Sounds like a bad plan to me.

3. Suggest an alternative that I have not listed...

Option 1 is the correct one. But I'd add in a spare rear wheel too. Make sure your PC can run Zwift. There are, of course, alternatives, but they require more money than your Vortex budget suggests.