Today is Monday

Matthewfalle
Matthewfalle Posts: 17,380
edited December 2015 in The bottom bracket
And I shall top up yesterday's 45 with ridding to work, slacking then ridding home the long way.

And it shall be nice.
Postby team47b » Sun Jun 28, 2015 11:53 am

De Sisti wrote:
This is one of the silliest threads I've come across. :lol:

Recognition at last Matthew, well done!, a justified honour :D
smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.

Comments

• Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,603
    Left the bike parked at the office last week so it's a one way pedal home for me tonight. Currently enjoying the wonders of South Eastern Railways and wondering how I am going to fit everything in that I need to do now that Christmas is looming.

Still, got Wales to look forward to end of the week.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • Flâneur
    Flâneur Posts: 3,081
    Morning gentlemen. The office is freezing, not really sure what today will entail. May stroll into town at lunch for a present browse/purchase.

Plus side crud forks fixed, downside CX chain has issues, fits fine on the big/big fit test but skips like a bitch and on the inner ring it sags worse than...

Enjoy the coffee/tea/boobs today
    Stevo 666 wrote: Come on you Scousers! 20/12/2014
    Crudder
    CX
    Toy
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,343
    Clean and lube your rear mech Fluffer.
    Morning all,
    Short day today finishing with appointment at quack's and a load of fannying about with headlights. Changing a ridiculous bulb in the old man's motor and fiddling with fuses in the Mini. I can see a new loom on the horizon, I hate bad wiring.
    Christmas is indeed coming, or so it would seem. I'm trying to get to the point where I feel the need to buy presents, but it's not Christmas Eve yet. Problem with that way of thinking is it makes online ordering awkward.
    Second cup of tea has been drunk, ginger nuts were the accompaniment.
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,877
    Working hard this morning until this conference call - so much fun
  • Morning all, today will include snot and lots of it as my nose is blocked up like a blocked up thing on blocking day.

In other news I discussed riding bikes with a chap and didn't do any actual riding. Despite several people think we might get blown up by some deranged idiot at the Manchester Christmas markets we actually survived.

I took £100 out of the cash machine on the way to said markets and this morning gave the boy my last £2.

I bought some cheese laced with chillie, tequila and lime.
    Advocate of disc brakes.
  • Ouch - sounds like you were mugged by capitalism.

Trying very hard to do very little - currently succeeding as everyone seems in a chatty mood this morning.
  • Matthewfalle
    Bored and cold and hungry and can't leave work to pop to bike shop/get lunch as cycled in so don't have normal clothes to get into and therefore can't leave work without risk of getting dead disease.

Did I mention I was bored?

De Sisti wrote:

smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • Ouch - sounds like you were mugged by capitalism.

The worst bit about it is that I wasn't even drunk!
    Advocate of disc brakes.
  • Stevo_666
    Minor celeb spotting moment - wandered past Broadcasting House on the way to the bank and saw Trevor McDonald looking older (unsurprisingly) and a thinner than I remember him.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • Matthewfalle
    Have just put curry lunch in the oven so hopefully won't be cold or hungry soon.

Can anyone tell that I'm incredibly bored?

Oh - thanks to everyone for buying me lunch though - much appreciated.

De Sisti wrote:

smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • Anonymous
    Anonymous Posts: 79,667
    Brand new office today so pedalled in a bit anxiously wondering how to get around the place. Left my shoes to be moved on my behalf then got a bit lost so had to get showered and dressed then walked back outside and round to reception in my socks. Made it to my desk without any strange looks or comments so I call that a victory.

Tried to find the correct route while on lunch and ended up getting locked in the basement. I wondered around all the unlocked doors but always came to a fire exit saying it would set the alarm off if I opened it. I therefore spent 5 minutes waving at a camera and a security guy found me and showed me the correct way out and then to my office.

2 downsides - where to hang my towel and where to leave my shoes (probably on the bike rack itself). Annoyingly you tilt the bike vertically on the back wheel to stand it up and it ends up squishing the mudguard (which are already bloody close so any slight movement and they rub). Will see this eve.

Also - now I am in a shared office with other people and probable bike stealing vermin - do I lock my bike to the rack, or do I roll the dice and leave it unlocked? I used to share an underground car park with 6 other huge offices (More London) and heard a horror story of a delivery driver emptying one of the basements of all the unlocked bikes. Luckily mine was fine.

Rest of the day has been dodging work and setting up my now 3 computer monitors.
  • Matthewfalle
    Lock everything up. Twice. The general population are nothing but a thieving bunch of thieves.

I am just about to have some coffee having had a pizza dinner. Both my coffee and pizza were kindly paid for by you. Thank you.

I think my brain has died after today's inactivity.

De Sisti wrote:

smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • veronese68
    Lock everything up. Twice. The general population are nothing but a thieving bunch of thieves.
    Have to agree with that.
    My brain died years ago. Been to hospital, scan was clear. Must just be menopausal or something. No return of lymphoma so I'm happy. So much so I'm off to a meeting about fundraising for the scout group, deep joy.
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,877
    Have to agree with that.
    My brain died years ago. Been to hospital, scan was clear. Must just be menopausal or something. No return of lymphoma so I'm happy. So much so I'm off to a meeting about fundraising for the scout group, deep joy.

Fantastic news!
  • ballysmate
    ballysmate Posts: 15,921
    Have to agree with that.

Fantastic news!

Hear! Hear!
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,395
    Monday - it can f*ck off and when it's f*cked off, it can f*ck off again.

Now where do I start?

Toots 1 has burst ear drum and an infection so was back from work and straight to the quacks.

@ VN. Do you know how much those bloody scans cost?! :roll:
    @ Flaneur - is there any chance that chain is stretched to buggery?
    @ Cororioriredan, thanks for curing the insomnia.
    @ MF, I figured that you were bored before you did. Does that mean some fun? :D

WTF - Fromage Mexique? (Made in Newport)

Laters.
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • Morning all, today will include snot and lots of it as my nose is blocked up like a blocked up thing on blocking day.

In other news I discussed riding bikes with a chap and didn't do any actual riding. Despite several people think we might get blown up by some deranged idiot at the Manchester Christmas markets we actually survived.

I took £100 out of the cash machine on the way to said markets and this morning gave the boy my last £2.

I bought some cheese laced with chillie, tequila and lime.
    Cheese with bits in, infusions etc are an abomination and should be illegal. Especially at this time of year, when some tool unveils cheese with cranberries in it. Wrong. Wrong.
    Still not Xmas yet. Was strolling round Megacity One (Portsmouth :lol: ) in my shirtsleeves today and it was roasting. Until it gets cold Mrs BBG is not getting a visit from Santa.
    Ecrasez l’infame
  • Matthewfalle
    Monday - it can f*ck off and when it's f*cked off, it can f*ck off again.

Now where do I start?

Toots 1 has burst ear drum and an infection so was back from work and straight to the quacks.

@ VN. Do you know how much those bloody scans cost?! :roll:
    @ Flaneur - is there any chance that chain is stretched to buggery?
    @ Cororioriredan, thanks for curing the insomnia.
    @ MF, I figured that you were bored before you did. Does that mean some fun? :D

WTF - Fromage Mexique? (Made in Newport)

Laters.

Forum based fun or work based fun?

De Sisti wrote:

smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • Stevo_666
    Top news Mr. 68 8)
  • Flâneur
    Pinno, brand new chain
    Crudder
    CX
    Toy
  • Flâneur
    Have to agree with that.

Good to hear :), you can pick which bit as it was a good day for you
    Crudder
    CX
    Toy
  • veronese68
    Thanks guys. Scans are free, that's the great thing about the NHS.
    Seriously, if it's a long and lingering thing that won't kill you in the short term and isn't urgent you might have to wait. But if it's something serious, or it could be, they're great. At least that's been my experience. Huge fan of the NHS. I did fall asleep in the scanner though. You know when you wake with a start as you've just nodded off. They are not exactly comfortable so I must have been really tired, or very good at falling asleep.
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,395
    NHS: For the Acute it is acute and for the chronic it is... chronic.
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!