Press ups....

13»

Comments

• brianbee
    brianbee Posts: 330
    Good replies guys,

But I do consider a push up to be a simple exercise, have watched other recruits in training just hammer them out. I am doing it in the correct fashion going all the way down to a fist between my chest and the ground. Yes I would consider myself to be a bigger build, but not in a unhealthy way.

If I have a rest in-between I can keep going. Maybe it is a mental block, and maybe I need that person screaming and shouting at me.

They have improved, I can now do 30 consistently, and I am weighing in at 94kg, just not wanting to be told to do 50 and I can't and then to fail.

It was so easier when I was younger, still not with press ups though. But pull ups I could do for fun, and in a sense they are still easier than press ups.

Press up are consider the ultimate in upper body strength/endurance test. In very round figures what you are doing is equivalent to bench pressing 120lbs ( a hundred weight in old money) 30 times and that is pretty good in my estimation. Give your body time to get used to that level and then push on a bit. You cant expect constant daily/weekly improvement.

Im not convinced a shouty man necessarily helps, but if you feel it would befit you, get a shouty man. There are people ( ex-forces) round this way running fitness course, have a google and see if they do so in your area

Didn't look at it from that point of view at all. Now what you are saying does make sense. All I was seeing is other people being able to perform the exercise for what seems like eternity. I am realistic about time and gains, I am upto 30 now so this is a good improvement. So I weigh 94kg now, what percentage of my weight am I really lifting?

I think I am/was fixating on they can do it, so why can't I.

A shouty man certainly helped me when I went for P Coy. Maybe it is an exaggerated version of someone to push you.

Here is something that may be of interest to you

http://scoobysworkshop.com/get-boot-camp-ready/