New Nanoshot Plus ( EL625RC) for £40 or alternative?

wolfsbane2k
wolfsbane2k Posts: 3,056
edited August 2015 in Commuting general
Hi.

I've just come across a shop clearing out lights, and they have a Nanoshot Plus 600Lumens light for £40, which seems "reasonable", but it is a 4+ year old model, and the technology is moving fast, but it's a massive upgrade from the EL-530 I had that got smashed.

I'm not sure if this is actually a reasonable price compared to what else could be had on the market - my commuting/riding distance is typically 1 1/2 hours a day mixed road/unlit paths, so the battery life is "ok", but will need to be charged each night, compared to every 2 days with something like the Volt 800.

What would people do ? Buy it, or spend the money on something else?

Thanks in advance.
Intent on Cycling Commuting on a budget, but keep on breaking/crashing/finding nice stuff to buy.
Bike 1 (Broken) - Bike 2(Borked) - Bike 3(broken spokes) - Bike 4( Needs Work) - Bike 5 (in bits) - Bike 6* ...

Comments

• wolfsbane2k
    Stuff it. Got a volt 300/50r pa for helmet mount and the nanoshot + for handlebar mount for £40
    Therr are cheaper eBay ones, but as a pair this seemed a good deal, and finally allows me to replace my backup halogen bulb cateye from approx 15 years ago!
    Intent on Cycling Commuting on a budget, but keep on breaking/crashing/finding nice stuff to buy.
    Bike 1 (Broken) - Bike 2(Borked) - Bike 3(broken spokes) - Bike 4( Needs Work) - Bike 5 (in bits) - Bike 6* ...
  • The Rookie
    The Rookie Posts: 27,812
    Where is the shop, any left?
    Currently riding a Whyte T130C, X0 drivetrain, Magura Trail brakes converted to mixed wheel size (homebuilt wheels) with 140mm Fox 34 Rhythm and RP23 suspension. 12.2Kg.
  • slowbike
    slowbike Posts: 8,498
    blimey - a nanoshot+ for £40 - I'd have two more like a shot - excellent light that is my main light on the commute - on dark, wet, country lanes & A roads .... never let me down (yet!)
  • wolfsbane2k
    It was cycle surgery in port Solent, in store only. They had 4 nanoshot + at this price, I got the last one.
    They has a lot of lenzye stuff and cateye reduced, can only imagine they were clearing the shelves for this years stock.
  • wolfsbane2k