Team kits on children

2»

Comments

• Anonymous
    Anonymous Posts: 79,667
    I hate those foska jerseys they are worse than team kit
  • Daz555
    Daz555 Posts: 3,976
    Kids can wear what they bloody like. Full kit? Spiderman costume? Really, who cares.
    You only need two tools: WD40 and Duck Tape.
    If it doesn't move and should, use the WD40.
    If it shouldn't move and does, use the tape.
  • Anonymous
    Anonymous Posts: 79,667
    Kids can wear what they bloody like. Full kit? Spiderman costume? Really, who cares.

Except foska and team SKY kit
  • ManOfKent
    ManOfKent Posts: 392
    I bought my son a world champion's jersey because it was reasonably priced, a nice design and gave me an opportunity to tease him gently when he complained of being tired after no time at all on the bike. There aren't a great many options out there, that I could find anyway.

On adults... all too often it's the slowest, fattest riders who have the Sky kit. And dare I say it, those who have least knowledge of the sport. My unscientific opinion is that people who really love cycling tend to go more niche. It's a bit like Arsenal or Liverpool shirts on a man with a huge belly watching Premier League football in the pub, as against the guy wearing the colours of his local lower-league team. There's nothing inherently evil about Sky kit or gloryhunter football shirts, it just seems slightly wrong somehow.
  • mfin
    mfin Posts: 6,729
    I see the forum as a spine of the domestic cycling world to which we touch - we aren't professional riders however the spine is like a stack of bricks: without the supportive nature (both physical, psychological and moral of the same) the rest of the structure (in this case the body - and the theoretical soul) have no support. Our body is us on the British roads, fighting against the same things we all fight against everyday - bad drivers, bad roads, bad attitudes, bad weather, dodgy derailleurs.

What are you on about? You sound like you're off your head. This forum is just a load of people that have chosen to be on here because of widely varying interests in all sorts of different aspects of cycling, nothing more. We're not all as cyclists "fighting against the same things we all fight against everyday" either, there's nothing noble going on.
  • On kids, let them wear whatever they like to enjoy the sport.

Grown ups should know better, especially with regards to World Champs kit.
  • Matthewfalle
    Matthewfalle Posts: 17,380
    I see the forum as a spine of the domestic cycling world to which we touch - we aren't professional riders however the spine is like a stack of bricks: without the supportive nature (both physical, psychological and moral of the same) the rest of the structure (in this case the body - and the theoretical soul) have no support. Our body is us on the British roads, fighting against the same things we all fight against everyday - bad drivers, bad roads, bad attitudes, bad weather, dodgy derailleurs.

What are you on about? You sound like you're off your head. This forum is just a load of people that have chosen to be on here because of widely varying interests in all sorts of different aspects of cycling, nothing more. We're not all as cyclists "fighting against the same things we all fight against everyday" either, there's nothing noble going on.

I'm sorry, but again I'm genuinely taken aback by the hostility of the post and I can't see why it was necessary. Its hurtful, demeaning and, I personally feel, a comment such as "you're off your head" could cause massive, massive offence to a greater audience. I think that sort of insult (and I'm sorry to have to use a phrase such as that in a forum such as this) is base level. Horrible. Its obviously been cast out without thinking.

Yes, become defensive at times, but remember that that one may grow hard but without ever losing tenderness.

Of course we are fighting for our side - purely (I hope!!!! :):) )in the literal manner and not in the physical manner! We fight for our rights, our beliefs, to not do this would man that drivers would get away with appalling driving, cycle paths would fall apart and generally, I personally believe, organised cycling (through clubs, events and the such like) - which has given all of us so much pleasure - would fall apart.

If you don't believe in your convictions then the whole of the "Organised rides" and "Campaign" forae should be closed down - which is definitely I personally do not want to see.

Cruel leaders are replaced only to have new leaders turn cruel. If people are riding roughshod over other people's feelings about team/pro kit (and, in turn, doing this while in earshot of juniors - who are remember the lifeblood and future of our sport/lifestyle/culture/call it what you will then I can't see a future for the resurgence in cycling in the UK.

I came up with the following a few years ago that I always try and pass onto people when I feel they need it: Let the world change you and you can change the world. If we can change people so that they are more accommodating, understanding, committed and friendly then the world will be a nicer lace.

This was meant to be a simple thread of people's feelings, opinions, beliefs and understanding. I feel sad that horrible, vile comments have been on here. Depressed, and, I hate to say it again, disappointed.

If people want to wear a brand of clothing - a type of shoe - a colour of hat, then let them. Team kit is but a modicum, a crumb. The best form of saying is being and I feel we should support those who dare to show their true colours.
    Postby team47b » Sun Jun 28, 2015 11:53 am

De Sisti wrote:
    This is one of the silliest threads I've come across. :lol:

Recognition at last Matthew, well done!, a justified honour :D
    smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • First.Aspect
    First.Aspect Posts: 14,693
    I think I preferred him before.
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,371

Except foska and team SKY kit
    Remind to wear my London Pride MTB top next time we meet. :mrgreen:

I did see a guy in Spiderman styled lycra the other day. He was bigger than me so hardly a kid. :shock:
  • mfin

I'm sorry, but again I'm genuinely taken aback by the hostility of the post and I can't see why it was necessary. Its hurtful, demeaning and, I personally feel, a comment such as "you're off your head" could cause massive, massive offence to a greater audience. I think that sort of insult (and I'm sorry to have to use a phrase such as that in a forum such as this) is base level. Horrible. Its obviously been cast out without thinking.

Yes, become defensive at times, but remember that that one may grow hard but without ever losing tenderness.

Of course we are fighting for our side - purely (I hope!!!! :):) )in the literal manner and not in the physical manner! We fight for our rights, our beliefs, to not do this would man that drivers would get away with appalling driving, cycle paths would fall apart and generally, I personally believe, organised cycling (through clubs, events and the such like) - which has given all of us so much pleasure - would fall apart.

If you don't believe in your convictions then the whole of the "Organised rides" and "Campaign" forae should be closed down - which is definitely I personally do not want to see.

Cruel leaders are replaced only to have new leaders turn cruel. If people are riding roughshod over other people's feelings about team/pro kit (and, in turn, doing this while in earshot of juniors - who are remember the lifeblood and future of our sport/lifestyle/culture/call it what you will then I can't see a future for the resurgence in cycling in the UK.

I came up with the following a few years ago that I always try and pass onto people when I feel they need it: Let the world change you and you can change the world. If we can change people so that they are more accommodating, understanding, committed and friendly then the world will be a nicer lace.

This was meant to be a simple thread of people's feelings, opinions, beliefs and understanding. I feel sad that horrible, vile comments have been on here. Depressed, and, I hate to say it again, disappointed.

If people want to wear a brand of clothing - a type of shoe - a colour of hat, then let them. Team kit is but a modicum, a crumb. The best form of saying is being and I feel we should support those who dare to show their true colours.

Again, I've got no idea what you are on about really, seems like you're on a rant that's wandering all over the place.

Chill out, it's friday.
  • Matthewfalle

Again, I've got no idea what you are on about really, seems like you're on a rant that's wandering all over the place.

Chill out, it's friday.

It's a wind up by a bored little man viewtopic.php?f=30005&t=13031492&p=19635251#p19635251

No it's not. That other thread is about a topic of conversation we had at lunch.

It's nasty the way you tried to spoil this. Nasty. Evil. Sick.

De Sisti wrote:

smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • First.Aspect
    Who knew. It's all been so subtle.
  • norvernrob
    norvernrob Posts: 1,448
    It never ceases to amaze me how many self-righteous, judgemental bellends there are in cycling.
  • It never ceases to amaze me how many self-righteous, judgemental bellends there are

FTFY
    I'm sorry you don't believe in miracles
  • Matthewfalle

Chill out, it's friday.

It's a wind up by a bored little man viewtopic.php?f=30005&t=13031492&p=19635251#p19635251

No it's not. That other thread is about a topic of conversation we had at lunch.

It's nasty the way you tried to spoil this. Nasty. Evil. Sick.

Grow up mate.

Hurtful.

Hateful.

Horrible.

De Sisti wrote:

smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • mfin

Chill out, it's friday.

Got it, he's just simply being a tit.
  • First.Aspect
    Yes, but it's hilariously funny. It's even more funny if you do it several times in the same way. If you were 14 you'd understand.
  • SoSimple
    SoSimple Posts: 301

Plot. lost. he's. the.

He wasn't always such a fruitcake - used to be quite aggressive - think the previous version marginally less annoying....http://www.bikeradar.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=40013&t=13029902&p=19626011#p19626011
  • crispybug2
    crispybug2 Posts: 2,915
    Rule #96:- It's your time and it's your money, ride and wear whatever you want..... Everyone else can f**k off!!!
  • Rule #96:- It's your time and it's your money, ride and wear whatever you want..... Everyone else can f**k off!!!

Where is the teaching of etiquette there?

I've seen people refused entry to tennis courts and golf courses for being inappropriately dressed.

There is nothing wrong in teaching tradition, standards and etiquette to younger generations.
    I'm sorry you don't believe in miracles
  • debeli
    debeli Posts: 583
    This debate got (and was perhaps intended to be) slightly cross and huffy-puffy and indignant, like a helmet debate but less intellectual.

Nonetheless, no poster has pinpointed what seems to me to me to be key in the matter of team kit.

I am a Gooner, like an earlier poster on this thread and of a similar age - thus a devotee of the Armstrong, George, Graham, McLintock, Rice era. I too wanted an Arsenal top and was denied one. To make things worse, my cub team played in a very close approximation of Wolves' home kit....

But I digress... Whilst there should be and must be no rules about who can wear what, there will always be people who have views on the clothing choices of others.

But cycling is not football.

I was a Gooner at 7 and remain one today. That's quite a few decades. There is no sense to it, but I am a Gooner. I don't wear Arsenal clothing, but my middle child does. I have a knitted red and white scarf I wear once safely into the away end.

But which cycling team do I 'support'? Whose kit would I wear? I quite like quite a few riders. They change teams, the teams change their names and from one decade to the next there are few constants.

I watch football (when AFC are playing) as a Gooner. My views on football are in part a function of my alleigence to Arsenal. What am I to do about cycling?

I quite liked quite a few of the recent juice-bunnies: Voeckler, Evans, Vogt... All on various teams through their long careers.

I liked Cippolini and Abdu-Shovemoff and Big Mig and Il Pirata and many others... But whose kit do I wear to show that?

I was always taken by the madness and ferocity of Euskaltel Euskadi, so I had some orange casquettes and bidons... I have an LVC top, but more because of Mondrian than for Greg.

I have a maglia rossa, but no-one with a belly like mine ever won or led a giro. Nobody thinks I'm kidding anyone.

If kids want to wear team kit let them. But how on Earth do they choose the team?
  • Joeblack
    Joeblack Posts: 829
    What about wearing a football kit whilst cycling?!!!!!
    One plays football, tennis or golf, one does not play at cycling
  • john1967
    john1967 Posts: 366

or wearing a skin suit while playing football :shock:
  • SoSimple
    SoSimple Posts: 301
    This debate got (and was perhaps intended to be) slightly cross and huffy-puffy and indignant, like a helmet debate but less intellectual.

Nonetheless, no poster has pinpointed what seems to me to me to be key in the matter of team kit.

I am a Gooner, like an earlier poster on this thread and of a similar age - thus a devotee of the Armstrong, George, Graham, McLintock, Rice era. I too wanted an Arsenal top and was denied one. To make things worse, my cub team played in a very close approximation of Wolves' home kit....

But I digress... Whilst there should be and must be no rules about who can wear what, there will always be people who have views on the clothing choices of others.

I was a Gooner at 7 and remain one today. That's quite a few decades. There is no sense to it, but I am a Gooner. I don't wear Arsenal clothing, but my middle child does. I have a knitted red and white scarf I wear once safely into the away end.

But which cycling team do I 'support'? Whose kit would I wear? I quite like quite a few riders. They change teams, the teams change their names and from one decade to the next there are few constants.

I watch football (when AFC are playing) as a Gooner. My views on football are in part a function of my alleigence to Arsenal. What am I to do about cycling?

I quite liked quite a few of the recent juice-bunnies: Voeckler, Evans, Vogt... All on various teams through their long careers.

I liked Cippolini and Abdu-Shovemoff and Big Mig and Il Pirata and many others... But whose kit do I wear to show that?

I was always taken by the madness and ferocity of Euskaltel Euskadi, so I had some orange casquettes and bidons... I have an LVC top, but more because of Mondrian than for Greg.

I have a maglia rossa, but no-one with a belly like mine ever won or led a giro. Nobody thinks I'm kidding anyone.

If kids want to wear team kit let them. But how on Earth do they choose the team?

Are you a Gooner?
  • Joeblack
    Joeblack Posts: 829

or wearing a skin suit while playing football :shock:

Only if you're a winger, even then the gains are marginal
    One plays football, tennis or golf, one does not play at cycling
  • cyclingfury
    cyclingfury Posts: 676
    I prefer Campag.

Are you a Gooner?

What's a Gooner?

Seriously?

De Sisti wrote:

smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • Matthewfalle
    Nah - its a Gooner realising that he should have been a Chelsea fan but has left it too late.

De Sisti wrote:

smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.