Wheel query - 11sp hub / 10sp spacer?

luv2ride
luv2ride Posts: 2,367
edited May 2015 in Workshop
Just got some carbon wheels (Saturae C50 from Wiggle). No instructions or promised QC card in the box :cry: , but rim tape and skewers all present and correct, as was a small sealed bag containing an alloy washer/spacer, but also a thin rubber 'O' ring of the same diameter. Do you reckon I'm supposed to fit BOTH on the 11sp freehub body, when using a 10sp SRAM PG1070 cassette? I haven't come across a rubber 'O' ring as a freehub spacer before so thought I'd ask if anyone on here may know....

Emailed both Wiggle and Saturae yesterday but no response from either as yet.
Titus Silk Road Ti rigid 29er - Scott Solace 10 disc - Kinesis Crosslight Pro6 disc - Scott CR1 SL - Pinnacle Arkose X 650b - Pinnacle Arkose singlespeed - Specialized Singlecross...& an Ernie Ball Musicman Stingray 4 string...

Comments

• ugo.santalucia
    ugo.santalucia Posts: 28,268
    The ring is probably just a rubber band to hold the spacer in place where there isn't a cassette on. You don't need it to fit the cassette.

Another option it could be a freehub gasket seal, which you can fit behind the freehub to prevent water ingress or remove to reduce drag
    left the forum March 2023
  • luv2ride
    luv2ride Posts: 2,367
    Thanks Ugo. Didn't look right between the spacer and the cassette...

EDIT: Transmission was very quiet during the 2nd shakedown ride this morning using just the one spacer. Sorted!
    Titus Silk Road Ti rigid 29er - Scott Solace 10 disc - Kinesis Crosslight Pro6 disc - Scott CR1 SL - Pinnacle Arkose X 650b - Pinnacle Arkose singlespeed - Specialized Singlecross...& an Ernie Ball Musicman Stingray 4 string...