Forum home Road cycling forum Workshop

Wheel query - 11sp hub / 10sp spacer?

luv2rideluv2ride Posts: 2,362
edited May 2015 in Workshop
Just got some carbon wheels (Saturae C50 from Wiggle). No instructions or promised QC card in the box :cry: , but rim tape and skewers all present and correct, as was a small sealed bag containing an alloy washer/spacer, but also a thin rubber 'O' ring of the same diameter. Do you reckon I'm supposed to fit BOTH on the 11sp freehub body, when using a 10sp SRAM PG1070 cassette? I haven't come across a rubber 'O' ring as a freehub spacer before so thought I'd ask if anyone on here may know....

Emailed both Wiggle and Saturae yesterday but no response from either as yet.
Scott Solace 10 disc - Kinesis Crosslight Pro6 disc - Scott CR1 SL - Pinnacle Arkose X 650b - Pinnacle Arkose 1x11 "monster cross" - Specialized Singlecross...& an Ernie Ball Musicman Stingray 4 string...

• ugo.santaluciaugo.santalucia Posts: 25,863
    The ring is probably just a rubber band to hold the spacer in place where there isn't a cassette on. You don't need it to fit the cassette.

Another option it could be a freehub gasket seal, which you can fit behind the freehub to prevent water ingress or remove to reduce drag
  • luv2rideluv2ride Posts: 2,362
    Thanks Ugo. Didn't look right between the spacer and the cassette...

EDIT: Transmission was very quiet during the 2nd shakedown ride this morning using just the one spacer. Sorted!
    Scott Solace 10 disc - Kinesis Crosslight Pro6 disc - Scott CR1 SL - Pinnacle Arkose X 650b - Pinnacle Arkose 1x11 "monster cross" - Specialized Singlecross...& an Ernie Ball Musicman Stingray 4 string...