Mountain warehouse sale

Oh Marone
Oh Marone Posts: 261
edited May 2015 in MTB buying advice
Just a heads up but MW have a sale on at the moment and another 20% off for the bank holiday.
http://www.mountainwarehouse.com/running-cycling/mens/

Went up town earlier and they have some really cheap base layers plus alot of other stuff as well. These for example @£4.80 are a bit of a brucie bargain http://www.mountainwarehouse.com/mens/t ... ?cl=COBALT

They also had a clearance rack with some showerproof hoodies etc really cheap but none left in my size. (Store specific I think as some stuff on sale was not online). The extra 20% off is instore as well.
Ended up buying a few tops and a Ride25L hydro bag, looks good for the money.

Comments

• The Rookie
    The Rookie Posts: 27,812
    If the day ends in a Y then MW have a sale on....just like SCS, DFS and Safestyle UK in that respect!
    Currently riding a Whyte T130C, X0 drivetrain, Magura Trail brakes converted to mixed wheel size (homebuilt wheels) with 140mm Fox 34 Rhythm and RP23 suspension. 12.2Kg.
  • Oh Marone
    Oh Marone Posts: 261
    Yeh I was a bit dubious about the original rrp on some stuff, didn't know about the "sales" as first time I have been in there. Mate swears by their gear though. Even at the sale/normal price there are some good bargains though.

Did a 33 mile training ride yesterday afternoon (got a 50 mile charity ride on Sunday, not done more than 35 miles) and tested out my new Ride backpack. Quite impressed so far as it's really comfy and there is a good gap between the mesh back panel and the back of the rucksack so no sweaty back, and more than enough room for my stuff. Would of liked a Camelback or Osprey really but a simillar equivalent is at least double or more, mine was £30 including bladder (bank holiday "sale" )

This is the bag http://www.mountainwarehouse.com/runnin ... px?cl=BLUE
  • The Rookie
    The Rookie Posts: 27,812
    Their stuff is perfectly good and fairly well priced, just not really a sale!

I went for the Aldi hydration pack, £15 was very good.
    Currently riding a Whyte T130C, X0 drivetrain, Magura Trail brakes converted to mixed wheel size (homebuilt wheels) with 140mm Fox 34 Rhythm and RP23 suspension. 12.2Kg.
  • Lungs94
    Lungs94 Posts: 160
    The Rookie wrote:
    Their stuff is perfectly good and fairly well priced, just not really a sale!

I went for the Aldi hydration pack, £15 was very good.
    Well I ordered the Raid 5 litre hydro bag & gave it a little test at my local trail & the tube holder\chest strap broke after 10 minutes so I now use velcro, pretty shoddy tbh
    Bikes:
    2013 Mondraker Dune XR - XX1 XO1 Hope, Easton Carbon, Fox
    Voodoo Bizango XT - Hope, Pikes, Mavic
  • apreading
    apreading Posts: 4,535
    Four/five years on, my son is still using his Tesco hydration pack which cost £4. The internal fabric is starting to fray, but this is just the bit that separates the compartments, not the actual bag itself.