Cat 3/4 East Midlands Regional Road Race Championship

andcp
andcp Posts: 644
edited May 2015 in Amateur race
Hi all,

there was a pretty big crash at the cat 3/4 East Midlands Regional Road Race Championship on Sunday; unfortunately my son was one of the riders who went down, fortunately he's mainly OK apart from bad road rash and aching joints.

What I really want to know though is, does anyone know if the rider who was taken to hospital is OK?

Andy.
"It must be true, it's on the internet" - Winston Churchill

Comments

• DeVlaeminck
    DeVlaeminck Posts: 8,744
    From what I've been told he was kept in for observation but it was thought his injuries weren't as serious as they might have been. This is just what I've been told and of course any loss of consciousness can have lasting affects but it looks like he wont have life changing injuries anyway. I've heard different things about the cause of the accident does your son have any idea about that ?

Personally I think some consideration should be given as to how many riders that circuit is suitable for - I don't think I'd return to it with more than say 50 riders in the field - but then the main race passed off without incident - although I have seen mention from one of the team managers on the number of pot holes.
    [Castle Donington Ladies FC - going up in '22]
  • andcp
    Thanks DeV, hope the chap is on the mend. Chris has no idea what happened, and he was quite close to the 'action'. He saw the chap going over the bars, then hit hit his flying bike which brought my lad down.
    No sure about the numbers, but the road condition is atrocious in parts - that's from bitter experience as I sometimes commute home on those roads.

Andy
  • DeVlaeminck
    DeVlaeminck Posts: 8,744
    What I heard was someone bunny hopped a pothole leaving someone to smack into it which took them off - not sure if the guy that went over the top was meant to have hit them or that was the person who hit the pot hole. Must admit I wasn't too upset when they abandoned the race when you see a bad smash like that it doesn't put you in the right mood for racing !
    [Castle Donington Ladies FC - going up in '22]
  • andcp
    There were many riders who weren't upset they abandoned the race - the other three riders from our club decided to not bother continuing before the race was officially cancelled. Anyway, the several hundred quids worth of damage has been 'rectified', and he's off racing again tonight, obviously not put off!