Calling any London cyclists

2»

Comments

• bigmat
    bigmat Posts: 5,134
    Cheers Gregor.

4m each way?

S'ok I guess. Let's hope there's some partitioning, otherwise we'll see some nasty head on collisions.

I wouldn't worry about it, the pedestrians will keep everything nice and steady.
  • kurako
    kurako Posts: 1,098
    Meh! I asked about buildouts and road clutter but you missed the point about creating dangerous pinchpoints on perfectly usable roads where everyone has space to coexist. So in shortening the question you completely missed the point. There is too much traffic engineering where simple enforcement and fear of transgressions being penalised would do so much more to improve safety.... Also I didn't write roundabouts I wrote islands. Have a look at Nightingale Lane and Burntwood Lane for some over-engineered garbage. Jeez....
  • cookeeemonster
    cookeeemonster Posts: 1,991
    BR_Gregor - good stuff , thanks for that!!
  • rick_chasey
    rick_chasey Posts: 72,867
    BigMat wrote:
    Cheers Gregor.

4m each way?

S'ok I guess. Let's hope there's some partitioning, otherwise we'll see some nasty head on collisions.

I wouldn't worry about it, the pedestrians will keep everything nice and steady.

I don't understand.
  • bigmat
    bigmat Posts: 5,134
    You won't be able to safely get any speed up because peds will constantly be wandering in and out. Maybe a bit cynical but that has been my experience in Stratford particularly around bus stops - as a result I often end up in the "1%" that use the road.
  • rick_chasey
    rick_chasey Posts: 72,867
    BigMat wrote:
    You won't be able to safely get any speed up because peds will constantly be wandering in and out. Maybe a bit cynical but that has been my experience in Stratford particularly around bus stops - as a result I often end up in the "1%" that use the road.

I suspect there will be enough cycle traffic at rush hour to prevent that.