Another EPO +ve: Lloyd Mondory

2»

Comments

• The_Boy
    The_Boy Posts: 3,099
    RichN95 wrote:
    Pokerface wrote:
    Team doctors want him to explain his actions: http://www.cyclingnews.com/news/mondory ... g2r-doctor

"Asked about Mondory’s use of EPO, Bouvat commented: “It is really important for him to explain his actions, as that would help us to increase our understanding of this problem.”

Errr..... do they want him to explain how he got away with it for so long so they can educate their other riders not to make the same mistakes?

They say they have an internal testing system in place to prevent this type of positive. How is that different from UCI testing?
    But maybe he didn't get away with it for so long. Maybe he only recently started. And if that is the case it is certainly does merit finding out why he did it.

This.

And - assuming for a second that he started relatively recently - when exactly. They could presumably then have a quick look at his power data to look for red flags which might come in useful on the future. After all, they do already have a could of - imo- stupid black marks assist true name in recent seasons.

They might also be worried he isn't alone. Or feel that he should give up any and all information about suppliers, facilitators etc.

Or it could be as pokerface suggests.
    Team My Man 2018: David gaudu, Pierre Latour, Romain Bardet, Thibaut pinot, Alexandre Geniez, Florian Senechal, Warren Barguil, Benoit Cosnefroy
  • thomthom
    thomthom Posts: 3,574
    Let's stay reasonable now. This obviously isn't a new thing for him.
  • Crampeur
    Crampeur Posts: 1,065
    http://www.cyclismag.com/article.php?sid=5124#ancre1

"Before starting his first TDF, Lloyd Mondory didn't mince his words talking about Saxo Bank and HTC Columbia. The AG2R rider said he was "sickened" to see a reborn Fabian Cancellara in the last Tour de Suisse. Lloyd Mondory was equally caustic towards Frank Schleck: "I rode against him when I was a junior, when he rode for the Châteauroux team. We were equals. After that, we progressed differently. But compared to him, I haven't progressed at all," he said, before reminding us that Frank Schleck won't have anymore to do with cycling if he is proven to have paid 7000.- to Dr Fuentes.

At the Tour de Suisse, the performances of HTC Columbia, who won 7 stages, also revolted Mondory. "It's disgusting. Everyone says that cycling is alright. But that's nauseating. It's so incredible, you don't want to believe it," he said, concluding that some teams may not let him go in a breakaway in the Tour."

Hypocrite. But also sad, because it appears his attitude has changed significantly.
  • No_Ta_Doctor
    No_Ta_Doctor Posts: 13,333
    Crampeur wrote:

"Before starting his first TDF, Lloyd Mondory didn't mince his words talking about Saxo Bank and HTC Columbia. The AG2R rider said he was "sickened" to see a reborn Fabian Cancellara in the last Tour de Suisse. Lloyd Mondory was equally caustic towards Frank Schleck: "I rode against him when I was a junior, when he rode for the Châteauroux team. We were equals. After that, we progressed differently. But compared to him, I haven't progressed at all," he said, before reminding us that Frank Schleck won't have anymore to do with cycling if he is proven to have paid 7000.- to Dr Fuentes.

At the Tour de Suisse, the performances of HTC Columbia, who won 7 stages, also revolted Mondory. "It's disgusting. Everyone says that cycling is alright. But that's nauseating. It's so incredible, you don't want to believe it," he said, concluding that some teams may not let him go in a breakaway in the Tour."

Hypocrite. But also sad, because it appears his attitude has changed significantly.

Sounds more like prime material for doing it because "everyone else is", even if it's all in his mind. Race clean, get beaten, don't accept the result was fair, get bitter, get doped, get even, get caught. It's how the clinic cynics become a self-fulfilling prohpecy.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format
  • Pokerface
    Pokerface Posts: 7,960
    Any denials from the rider yet?
  • Crampeur
    Crampeur Posts: 1,065
    Crampeur wrote:

Sounds more like prime material for doing it because "everyone else is", even if it's all in his mind. Race clean, get beaten, don't accept the result was fair, get bitter, get doped, get even, get caught. It's how the clinic cynics become a self-fulfilling prohpecy.

Good point. Wasn't there a part in the CIRC report that suggested riders are always suspicious of other team's performances, making them think that doping s needed to keep up?