David Millar's 'swan song'

124»

Comments

• Paul 8v
    Paul 8v Posts: 5,458
    I was pretty convinced tuneskline was rayjay at one point!
  • tailwindhome
    tailwindhome Posts: 18,943
    schmolke wrote:
    schmolke wrote:
    They could have confessed when the team was formed with Millar on board. A clean start...

How do you imagine that would have worked?

I would imagine they confess and then explain that this is a new team full of ex doped riders trying to start a fresh [I'm laughing while I type this ] and it's Armstrong's fault we had to dope :lol: please forgive us and let us race :lol:

Vaughters should run the UCI. He can make doping go away like the Fifa does

Ok.
    “New York has the haircuts, London has the trousers, but Belfast has the reason!
  • davidof
    davidof Posts: 3,042
    My formative memory of Millar is when he unshipped his chain on the Paris prolog of the Tour de France. He was ranting and raving about his crap mechanic when it was said mechanic who told him he was silly to remove his front derailleur to save 150g when his chain might come off on the cobbles.

I dunno, this was predoping bust, maybe the drugs made him tetchy.
    BASI Nordic Ski Instructor
    Instagramme
  • phreak
    phreak Posts: 2,907
    Bit sad that of these 5 pages, so little has been devoted to the actual race, isn't it?
  • adr82
    adr82 Posts: 4,002
    davidof wrote:
    My formative memory of Millar is when he unshipped his chain on the Paris prolog of the Tour de France. He was ranting and raving about his crap mechanic when it was said mechanic who told him he was silly to remove his front derailleur to save 150g when his chain might come off on the cobbles.
    Wasn't it the other way around? The mechanic had taken it off without his knowledge, and for some reason (lack of time perhaps) there wasn't time to fix it before he started? Then when the chain fell off he was angry precisely because he had been afraid of it happening and the mechanic was responsible for his situation. If that's true, I can't blame him for reacting badly :)
  • adr82
    adr82 Posts: 4,002
    phreak wrote:
    Bit sad that of these 5 pages, so little has been devoted to the actual race, isn't it?
    When some people started pouring scorn on him for not winning it by a large margin I think it discouraged any serious discussion...
  • NervexProf
    NervexProf Posts: 4,202
    Update video of interview with David Millar at the Bec CC hill climb here

http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/p028wnyw
    Common sense in an uncommon degree is what the world calls wisdom
  • frenchfighter
    frenchfighter Posts: 30,642
    NervexProf wrote:
    Update video of interview with David Millar at the Bec CC hill climb here

http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/p028wnyw

Thanks, that's good.
    Contador is the Greatest
  • coriordan wrote:
    Not really. There is no legal regulation in sport. Fraud is a criminal offence. Doping is not.

Its not a criminal offence to drink your own pjss and eat your own shjt. But that doesn't mean you should do it.
  • adr82 wrote:
    davidof wrote:
    Wasn't it the other way around? The mechanic had taken it off without his knowledge, and for some reason (lack of time perhaps) there wasn't time to fix it before he started? Then when the chain fell off he was angry precisely because he had been afraid of it happening and the mechanic was responsible for his situation. If that's true, I can't blame him for reacting badly :)

That was how it happened. Several of his team mates had the same problem and he requested it be fitted.
    "In many ways, my story was that of a raging, Christ-like figure who hauled himself off the cross, looked up at the Romans with blood in his eyes and said 'My turn, sock cookers'"

@gietvangent
  • No_Ta_Doctor
    No_Ta_Doctor Posts: 13,333
    I see the off season is well underway.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format