Mooonnnndaaaaay!

thekickingmule
thekickingmule Posts: 7,957
edited October 2014 in The Crudcatcher
Morning Losers!

I'm up and about. I'm planning on going for a ride in the Peaks today as I'm off work. Once I've had my weetabix, I'll check the bike for any quick fettling needed, and then head off I think.

Later, I might, might swing by work as I left the trickle charger there for my motorbike, which was annoying. If not, a nice relaxing afternoon at home, then over to Bury for a game of football.

Laters!
It takes as much courage to have tried and failed as it does to have tried and succeeded.
Join us on UK-MTB we won't bite, but bring cake!
Blender Cube AMS Pro

Comments

• tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,873
    work meh, but no study later - so all is good.

This lack of study meant that after a w.end away rather than locking myself in the study we went to the pub :) With a new parenting high, nipping home to get the youngest homework for him to complete while I enjoyed cider
  • welshkev
    welshkev Posts: 9,690
    meh
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,329
    Good mehning,
    I'm somewhat moist this morning. Bit of a windy wobble into work suffering from a bout of cba. Shouldn't think there will be too much going on today, but I may be proved wrong.
    Onwards and upwards...
  • ste_t
    ste_t Posts: 1,599
    Morning plebs,

Today should have been a good day as I'm off for the rest of the week, but plans currently being scuppered by sick minions and too much bloody work to do.

Still undecided as to whether I should go on holiday or stay at home until I fall into a wankinducedcome.

I'll leave you with that though, laters
  • The Rookie
    The Rookie Posts: 27,812
    Morning all, off to india tonight so was up at 4:30, still get a decent sleep on the drive to Heathrow and on the plane hopefully!
    Currently riding a Whyte T130C, X0 drivetrain, Magura Trail brakes converted to mixed wheel size (homebuilt wheels) with 140mm Fox 34 Rhythm and RP23 suspension. 12.2Kg.
  • welshkev
    welshkev Posts: 9,690
    edited October 2014
    just had an email from the recruitment company saying that it's looking very good for me after the interview last week. I should find out more tomorrow.

maybe today isn't so meh :D
  • foxc_uk
    foxc_uk Posts: 1,292
    Goodly afterlubrious
    Home after a long weekend in Scotlandshire.
    Highlights: personal best speed, proving I do try hard with an average heart rate of 161bpm, haggis for breakfast, plenty sunshine, bike is ace. All good.
    Low points: falling off quite badly (I nearly cried, v unusual), driving home.

Home to a cold, damp, dirty house. Holiday is over. Sadface.
    Unpacking and cleaning is now on the agenda. Woo yeah.

Kisses
    FoxC
  • Well the bike is in pretty good nick, considering it's been a while since I last rode it. It's certainly in better condition than me!
    Weather was damn awful, but I soldiered on. Cut the ride short by a substantial margin, as I simply couldn't see myself completing the set route. Never mind, I now know how much training I need to put in before June!

On the journey home, I took out a grouse/pheasant/some other fecking bird. Damn thing commited suicide! I now have a few feathers on my bike, like a trophy.
    It takes as much courage to have tried and failed as it does to have tried and succeeded.
    Blender Cube AMS Pro
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,560
    Well the bike is in pretty good nick, considering it's been a while since I last rode it. It's certainly in better condition than me!
    Weather was damn awful, but I soldiered on. Cut the ride short by a substantial margin, as I simply couldn't see myself completing the set route. Never mind, I now know how much training I need to put in before June!

On the journey home, I took out a grouse/pheasant/some other ******* bird. Damn thing commited suicide! I now have a few feathers on my bike, like a trophy.
    At least you can now say you left a bird in a ditch with its head pointing backwards :)

Evening Mongs,

Glad I didn't pedal today, it was properly miserable. Work wasn't much better so thank fark I'm on the train home. Bikes will figure tomorrow, as will beer.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • Stevo 666 wrote:
    On the journey home, I took out a grouse/pheasant/some other ******* bird. Damn thing commited suicide! I now have a few feathers on my bike, like a trophy.
    At least you can now say you left a bird in a ditch with its head pointing backwards :)
    8)
    Blender Cube AMS Pro