Skoda Superb: Taken in by Advertising

13»

Comments

• jordan_217
    jordan_217 Posts: 2,580
    One of the guys here has just got a Leon ST and it's excellent. The design of the raising/lowering boot floor, the ability to fold the front seat completely flat (like an MPV back seat) means that you can have a totally flat load bed. There is little rear suspension intrusion so the load capacity is excellent. Perfect for us bikey/boarder types.

Having been through the whole MPV/4x4/estate thing over the last 15 years I have to say that it's one of the more impressively designed interiors (up there with the stow and go Voyager seats, which would be great if they weren't in a shoot car!)

That's pretty much my appraisal of the Leon ST too. I initially bought the hatch but quickly found the boot was'n't big enough. The ST wasn't available at the time. A few months later I traded in the hatch for the ST and the additional length and practicality has proved to be great.

I drive half way to work, park up, get the bike out the back and ride the rest of the way. The load bay is flat and long enough to keep both wheels attached - at 5 in the morning and/or after a wet ride home, it makes a difference! Even with the seats up a recent Ikea trip didn't result in a game of car park Tetris whilst loading the car.
    “Training is like fighting with a gorilla. You don’t stop when you’re tired. You stop when the gorilla is tired.”