Inner tube and tyre?

rhysyd
rhysyd Posts: 141
edited September 2014 in Road buying advice
Bit of a newb question i know,

but could somebody point me in the right direction on to what inner tubes and fairly decent winter tyes ( and correct size) to buy for my bike which is. Preferably a tyre which is quite puncture resistant and a bit of grip for winter.

http://www.decathlon.co.uk/triban-500-s ... nformation

Thanks for the help.

Comments

• northpole
    northpole Posts: 1,499
    Tyres - there are several available - my suggestion for a good overall combination of grip/ ride quality/ durability/ puncture protection would be the Continental GP 4 Season tyres 25mm wide if your bike has sufficient clearance, otherwise 23mm is fine. Slightly hardier would be the Schwalbe Durano Plus. There are other significantly more puncture resistant tyres available such as Specialized Armadilo and Schwalbe Marathon, but I think you lose out on other aspects in order to prioritise longevity and puncture resistance. Michelin Pro 4 Endurance would also be an excellent tyre and there can be promotions on these in contrast to the 4 Seasons which are rarely on offer.
    Tubes - I'm not so fussy about these, tending to buy Continental or Michelin when they appear on offer - sharp objects don't seem to disciminate between them! I would avoid latex tubes unless you like topping up the tyre pressures every day (latex is permeable).

Peter
  • Moonbiker
    Moonbiker Posts: 1,706
    http://www.ribblecycles.co.uk/sp/road-t ... itttube210

£2.60 each seemed a good buy to me.

Tyres, everyone has there one idea on which are best I just use the same tyres all year round until they wear out.

Look at getting some 25mm folding tyres there all loads of decent ones for arounf £20-25 each
  • arran77
    arran77 Posts: 9,260
    I've got 25mm Specialized Armadilo's on my winter bike and they're been great.

Personally I don't pay any specific attention to the inner tubes and just use the same old ones all year on all my bikes.
    "Arran, you are like the Tony Benn of smut. You have never diluted your depravity and always stand by your beliefs. You have my respect sir and your wife my pity" :lol:

seanoconn