Pain relief recommendations

johnboy183
johnboy183 Posts: 832
edited September 2014 in Training, fitness and health
Anyone recommend a decent pain relief cream/rub/ointment etc please? Already taking pain relief meds but not really working. Docs not able to change meds cos of nature of injury so things like burden gel are out. Only after something that will help alleviate discomfort. Thanks in advance

Comments

• Reusable ice pack, trust me will be worth it & will relieve your pain
    Pain hurts much less if its topped off with beating your mates to top of a climb.
  • kajjal
    kajjal Posts: 3,380
    Just speak to your doctor, no one on here knows anything about your injury and poor advice could affect your recovery.
  • Think the ice pack treatment is a no-no, mainly because I don't want my neck to go into spasm. And the docs are doing all they can for pain relief but not too effective at the minute. But that is in hand as more trips required.Was thinking about brufen type gels but have to be careful because of current meds. Anyone any joy with tiger balm or similar for relief? Need to able to apply something regularly between pills.
    Thanks for the responses so far
  • Sorry to hear that the ice idea of mine was a no go & yep I certainly wouldn't want your muscles going into spasm (had a bit of that with an injury myself and it's not nice at all).

Could you live with heat treatment to help? If so consider this http://www.gelpacksdirect.co.uk/product ... neck-pain/
    Pain hurts much less if its topped off with beating your mates to top of a climb.
  • mamba80
    mamba80 Posts: 5,032
    Flexall is really good, very mild but seems to work, pricey but who cares when your in pain.

my mum put me on to it and it works, my daughter has used it too.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Physio-Supplies ... B0035K9P4O
  • Thanks folks. Will look in more detail tomorrow
  • diy
    diy Posts: 6,473
    Check with your doc first, but if you are a gym member they may have a power plate (vibrating platform) which is really great at relaxing the muscles.