Vuelta 2014 Stage 4 *Spoilers*

2»

Comments

• Pross
    Pross Posts: 40,905
    Uran has suddenly appeared from nowhere into the top 3. What happened to Yates in the end?
  • frenchfighter
    frenchfighter Posts: 30,642
    Dropped off and rolled in.
    Contador is the Greatest
  • RichN95.
    RichN95. Posts: 27,176
    Pross wrote:
    Uran has suddenly appeared from nowhere into the top 3. What happened to Yates in the end?
    He finished a minute behind.
    Twitter: @RichN95
  • milton50
    milton50 Posts: 3,856
    John D a few levels above the others when it comes to a flat sprint.

Looked like a properly hard day with the heat and the gradients.
  • Insipid parcour and excessive heat: not exactly a recipe for exiting racing.
    "Science is a tool for cheaters". An anonymous French PE teacher.
  • Anonymous
    Anonymous Posts: 79,667
    Looks like Martin could be targeting the points jersey, lots of high finishes in the stages.
  • tailwindhome
    tailwindhome Posts: 18,958
    Is the spelling "Vuleta" a thing now? Like 'spoliers'?
    “New York has the haircuts, London has the trousers, but Belfast has the reason!
  • frenchfighter
    Ha changed both, thanks.
    Contador is the Greatest
  • jerry3571
    jerry3571 Posts: 1,532
    Two things- Is Sky doing the USPS trick by dropping off domestiques before the finish to save the rider's energy over the 3 weeks.

Also, Adam Yates high fiving the crowd (Triathlete style) collecting a whole menagerie of virus' and bugs on his hands. Come on Adam, be a bit professional!! :*)
    “Life is like riding a bicycle. To keep your balance you must keep moving”- Albert Einstein

"You can't ride the Tour de France on mineral water."
    -Jacques Anquetil
  • Bo Duke
    Bo Duke Posts: 1,058
    No Vuelta tv coverage in Asia again... disaster. What happened to Froome?
    'Performance analysis and Froome not being clean was a media driven story. I haven’t heard one guy in the peloton say a negative thing about Froome, and I haven’t heard a single person in the peloton suggest Froome isn’t clean.' TSP
  • frenchfighter
    Louis Meintjes, Betancur, Pinot and Craven riding the gruppetto.

Kennaugh, Arredondo, VDB and Kudus got smoked for over 8 mins.

Boonen lost significantly less time then Gilbert, Sagan or Cancellara.

Tekle lost three mins. Hoping is almost dead for him.

Chaves, Ellisonde and Barguil in the first group.

Results show how much harder this stage was than the profile shows and how hard it was raced.
    Contador is the Greatest
  • Louis Meintjes, Betancur, Pinot and Craven riding the gruppetto.

Kennaugh, Arredondo, VDB and Kudus got smoked for over 8 mins.

Boonen lost significantly less time then Gilbert, Sagan or Cancellara.

Tekle lost three mins. Hoping is almost dead for him.

Chaves, Ellisonde and Barguil in the first group.

Results show how much harder this stage was than the profile shows and how hard it was raced

It wasn't raced that hard and the run in looked almost pedestrian.
    40C on the other hand.............
    The past two days have been slower than the slowest schedule.
    "Science is a tool for cheaters". An anonymous French PE teacher.
  • frenchfighter
    Solid lad this Yates.

"When you get in a move with Valverde, you always expect something. The last time I was in a move with him I got knocked unconscious in San Sebastian so I expect anything," Yates joked. "In these finishes, anything can happen, so you've just got to follow and see how it pans out."
    Contador is the Greatest
  • r0bh
    r0bh Posts: 2,212
    Peter kennaugh
    @Petekennaugh
    Pretty gutted how today's stage went for me, didn't eat enough and blew. Amateur mistake big time
  • Just so much talent about - it's hard to keep up!

Love watching Carusso riding hard . Barguil looking good and Chaves and ... Always liked how Belkin have at least two riders in the mix - Gesink looking much better and Kelderman on for a top 5 I reckon.

Not sure what Valverde's true intentions are?

Has Talansky fully recovered?
  • frenchfighter
    @f_cancellara · 10m
    I think this stage yesterday goes on my top 3 regarding hot stages...my @srmtraining powercontrol had 45 C*. The team car had 41C* #pocoLoco

And about the day before:
    @f_cancellara · Aug 25
    I lost 4,5kg weight today.was constant drinking and got still cramps i empty my hohle body.soloution was simply= motor over heatet.#crazy
    @f_cancellara · Aug 25
    is there no rules regarding heat in cycling.dear @UCI_cycling do not just decide about equipment rules.tink about the health as well.#meteo
    Contador is the Greatest
  • thomthom
    thomthom Posts: 3,574
    edited August 2014
    Fabian isn't in his very best form it seems..
  • ocdupalais
    ocdupalais Posts: 4,244
    I wish Fabian wouldn't whinge - it does his legend no good.

Suppose the temperature at the start line was 33C, with a forecast to go up to 40C during the stage - but then goes up to 45C... What does he expect the organisers to do about it? In places like Spain, Turkey, Australia, California, etc, there can be temperature surges that go off the scale: don't race there if you've got a problem with the heat (and let those that don't, get on with it...).
  • frenchfighter
    _VE_2014_0400_LIV18.jpg
    Contador is the Greatest
  • Anonymous
    Anonymous Posts: 79,667
    These vests are rubbish, now it takes two riders to get the same amount of bottles one rider can get in his jersey, thus tiring out more riders.
  • rick_chasey
    rick_chasey Posts: 72,958
    Move the vuelta to April and worlds the w/e after the Tour
  • thomthom
    thomthom Posts: 3,574
    sjmclean wrote:
    These vests are rubbish, now it takes two riders to get the same amount of bottles one rider can get in his jersey, thus tiring out more riders.

Another explanation could be the heat and the riders wanting more than one bottle on the bike...
  • RichN95.
    RichN95. Posts: 27,176
    Move the vuelta to April and worlds the w/e after the Tour
    And then we can can have two months of absolutely sod all of importance from the Worlds until Lombardy at just the time when the weather is nice.

In fact forget Lombardy, it'll be so remote that no-one will bother with it except the Italians. So nothing much from the Worlds until Het Volk.
    Twitter: @RichN95
  • Macaloon
    Macaloon Posts: 5,545
    Run the Giro in a slot where they can reliably use the stupendous geography. Like, now. Shouldn't be beyond RCS and ASO to strike a deal.
    ...a rare 100% loyal Pro Race poster. A poster boy for the community.
  • Hmm switching the Giro and Vuelta's spot may make both more temperate. I'm not sure the Giro would go for it though.
    Anyone else wonder why Roche got the McLaren S works bike? It's not like he has done much to deserve it over the rest of the squad recently?