Carbonal Modest SL

2»

Comments

• njee20
    njee20 Posts: 9,613
    Where did you get the stem from incidentally? I've got a 100mm one, was going to get a 90mm one (preferably the older one to match my seatpost), but they were all a lot more expensive than when I was the distributor and they cost me £30 :-(
  • minley1
    minley1 Posts: 126
    I got it from Fairwheel Bikes in the US, exchange rate was good, but did have to pay tax, £18 as I remember, in hindsight, I should have bought from one of the German Sites.
    Out of interest, how come you stopped being the importer?
  • njee20
    njee20 Posts: 9,613
    Basically I never really wanted to be the importer, I wanted a stem and post for my own bike so I emailed them direct, as there were no UK dealers, and they said "great, we're looking for a UK distributor", so I got about 10 seatposts and a similar number of stems, few bars, some skewers, some bottle cages all at crazy prices. Think I paid about £65 for the carbon seatposts! Sold a few bits, used quite a few on various bikes, they cottoned on to the fact that I wasn't actually going to 'distribute' it, so went to Axel Imports, who charged too much money for it and then folded, so we're back to having no distributor! Hugely under rated brand IMO.

Still got a few bits sat in the bottom of my wardrobe - 31.6mm seatpost, 34.9 seatpost, carbon flat bar, bottle cage, MTB skewers.

Just happened to do a fresh Google, and an Italian shop had the old 90mm ones on sale for €49, so bit of a result, ordered one!
  • minley1
    minley1 Posts: 126
    Can you PM me the details of the 31.6mm Seat Post? Might be interested if it's available?