One off steelie build with full 105

2»

Comments

• captain_vimes
    captain_vimes Posts: 262
    Cheers chaps.

Re-building a Raleigh Misty for the wife now and she won't let me give it a motorsport theme. :(

But a JPS lotus is on the cards next...
  • Paul 8v
    Paul 8v Posts: 5,458
    Penelope pitstop? Kind of a motorsport theme :-)
  • Well done, thats gorgeous.
  • n3crophile
    n3crophile Posts: 52
    Hi there, beautiful bike!

Have you gone the stem adaptor route or the 1 inch threadless headset/ 1 inch stem/ fork route? Also, how many gears are you rocking? Did you just squeeze it in to the drops fine?

I'm about to do the same sort of modernising process to an old Gazelle Formula Race and it'd be great to know what you did!
  • n3crophile wrote:
    Hi there, beautiful bike!

Have you gone the stem adaptor route or the 1 inch threadless headset/ 1 inch stem/ fork route? Also, how many gears are you rocking? Did you just squeeze it in to the drops fine?

I'm about to do the same sort of modernising process to an old Gazelle Formula Race and it'd be great to know what you did!

Sorry for the late reply mate, been on my travels!

It is all 1 inch threadless. I had to get the stem from Japan to find one the right size that I liked the look of. It has the full 2013 105 10 speed set up and as the frame is from the mid 90's it was not hard to pop the rear in, just a little tight!

I have to say again that it rides much better than my 2012 CAAD8 and hardly weighs any more. I think I am becoming a 'steel is real' convert!

Vimes
  • daviddk0
    daviddk0 Posts: 10
    Very nice! What type of saddle is that? Gumwall tires wouldn't look bad on this retro modern racer.
  • Charge Spoon saddle. I have six or seven in various colours because I have yet to find a more comfortable saddle, and they only cost £20!