FTP correction factor

Jay_Pea
Jay_Pea Posts: 20
Afternoon All

I have a TT tonigt and I'm aiming to do it in around 50 minutes. I'm also overdue an FTP test.

Does anyone know what sort of correction factor I'd need to apply to a 50 minute all out effort in order to get my FTP figure?

Dr Coggan says that 95% of a 20 minute test is a good measure provided the preceeding warm up protocol has been followed. I'm tempted to apply a pro rata correction but I doubt these things are linear.

Of course I could have a shocker and take the full hour and not need to do anything with my power numbers!

Cheers in advance

JP

Comments

• BrandonA
    BrandonA Posts: 553
    Everyone is different. Some people the 20 min to 60 min value might be 90%, others 95% others some completely different value.

Also, if you've not completed an FTP test recently then how accurate is the starting value anyway?
  • okgo
    okgo Posts: 4,368
    It will be almost exactly the same. Use the 50 min figure with confidence I would say.
    Blog on my first and now second season of proper riding/racing - www.firstseasonracing.com
  • Jay_Pea
    Jay_Pea Posts: 20
    BrandonA wrote:
    Also, if you've not completed an FTP test recently then how accurate is the starting value anyway?

Not sure I'm following here I'm attempting to determine my FTP, the previous FTP value has no bearing on it.
    okgo wrote:
    It will be almost exactly the same. Use the 50 min figure with confidence I would say.

That's what I was thinking but I wasn't 100% sure