Garmin Connect Woes

Adrian Waine
Adrian Waine Posts: 284
Has anybody else had problems with the new "modern" view on Garmin Connect?
My Edge 800 works fine with the old classic view, but when I switch to "modern" view, the software doesn't even detect the Edge. I have downloaded the latest Garmin Express update.
I'm using a Mac incidentally. Sent e-mail to Garmin Support but, not surprisingly, heard nowt. :(
Adrian W.

Comments

• meanredspider
    meanredspider Posts: 12,337
    You need to focus on getting Garmin express running.

That said, Garmin are making a complete mess of everything at the moment. Just sent back my Garmin Edge 1000 as it's so full of bugs and has terrible battery life. Garmin support are swamped
    ROAD < Scott Foil HMX Di2, Volagi Liscio Di2, Jamis Renegade Elite Di2, Cube Reaction Race > ROUGH
  • Adrian Waine
    You must be gutted that your Edge 1000 is er, pants.
    I was thinking of getting an 810 so that I could use it with my iPad on holiday. Glad I read the reviews first.
    Good luck!
    Adrian W.
  • Adrian Waine
    Received Support e-mail from Garmin.
    After downloading and installing Garmin Express, their recommendation was:-

With Safari open.
    Click Safari on your menu bar.
    Click Preferences.
    Select Advanced tab.
    Select Show Develop menu in menu bar.
    Click Develop on your menu bar.
    Click Empty Caches.

Also went into Launchpad to run Garmin Express (yes, I know rookie error, but don't shout at me - I'm new to Macs! :roll: )
    Seems to be working now.
    Adrian W.
  • meanredspider
    meanredspider Posts: 12,337
    You must be gutted that your Edge 1000 is er, pants.
    I was thinking of getting an 810 so that I could use it with my iPad on holiday. Glad I read the reviews first.
    Good luck!

Not really. I'll give it a year or two and see if it's any better then (by which time it'll be considerably cheaper). Back to my 800 (even though it's far from perfect)

Also went into Launchpad to run Garmin Express (yes, I know rookie error, but don't shout at me - I'm new to Macs! :roll: )
    Seems to be working now.

That'll be what sorted it - you need Garmin Express to be running.
    ROAD < Scott Foil HMX Di2, Volagi Liscio Di2, Jamis Renegade Elite Di2, Cube Reaction Race > ROUGH