SRAM rival problems rear problems

Kaarle XVII
Kaarle XVII Posts: 3
edited May 2014 in Workshop
Hi! I just bought a new Eastway cx 1.0 bike from wiggle.. but I just cannot get the rear derailleur to work properly. something is always not workin well.. is it because of this gap/opening?

pics:
https://www.flickr.com/photos/50516870@N05/sets/72157644849196833

Thanks! I think ive watched hours of deraillleur adjusting films from youtube, and im exhausted :roll:

Comments

• lpretro1
    lpretro1 Posts: 237
    Bit difficult to see from photos but Looks to me like you haven't fitted the rear mech right. that tab should sit on the little projection on the hanger - you seem to have it underneath?
  • StillGoing
    StillGoing Posts: 5,211
    Is the bolt fully home in the hanger? If it isn't the B bolt mechanism is going to miss the rear of the hanger.
    I ride a bike. Doesn't make me green or a tree hugger. I drive a car too.
  • patrickf
    patrickf Posts: 536
    Looks like the mech isn't fully screwed in (I'm sure I can see thread inbetween the RD and the hanger)

As has also been said, pay close attention to where the tab goes - Sram have this in their instructions.

You may also need to adjust the limit screws - assuming you have the gear in the smallest sprocket properly I'd say the limit is too far in - do this after making sure the Mechh is properly fitted.
  • Thanks! Got it. fixed it. Very happy :D I just had to tighten the screw much more. it was just jammed in the start. Now to the road! Again, Thank you guys very much!