Ghost ASX plus build

2»

Comments

• Kowalski675
    Kowalski675 Posts: 4,412
    POAH wrote:
    whats up with your monarch R

Nothing, it's as new, just nicely bedded in. Would be nice to have something plusher though, but then it would show up the forks and they'd need upgrading too, lol. I'll have to make do with the newly arrived XT brakes for now, which are rather lovely :D

The shock in the pic above is my bespoke built custom Wilbers (custom length, damping, spring rate and spring colour) that's sitting in the rear end of my StripleR. And that's about all it's doing, only ridden it twice this year, lol. Shock's not even bedded in yet.
  • poah
    poah Posts: 3,369
    edited November 2013
    changed a couple of things yesterday and today.

Swapped X4 RM, X7 9sp RH shifter, STX LH shifter and my hope MM4 over to SLX - might change the FM to SLX from LX if I get the urge. Brakes came with finned metallic pads bonus
  • poah
    fitted my pikes yesterday and thinking about going 1x10 too

p4pb10637131.jpg

p4pb10637129.jpg

p4pb10637130.jpg
  • rockmonkeysc
    rockmonkeysc Posts: 14,774
    Is it bad photos or is your bottom bracket really high? Looks like the fork is too long.
  • ej2320
    ej2320 Posts: 1,543
    Looks awesome with the pikes

Not keen on the blue cables.. But coloured cables have never been my thing :lol:
  • Really nice rig there, colour scheme looks spot on imho. I definitely recommend giving single speed a try, really simplifies the ride.
    2015 Giant Glory 1 27.5
    1975 Vindec Vogue
    1968 Raleigh RSW "Boris"

xX Forever in our hearts mum Xx
  • Kowalski675
    I'd be careful about displaying it out in the street like that while you're taking pics.
  • poah
    I'd be careful about displaying it out in the street like that while you're taking pics.

I know I got a bit wet
  • poah
    Is it bad photos or is your bottom bracket really high? Looks like the fork is too long.

the bike was originally spec'd with a 150mm talas 32 and the pike is a bit longer. it doesn't feel high up
  • Kowalski675
    POAH wrote:

I know I got a bit wet

Not quite what I meant. :wink:
  • poah

don't know what you mean then
  • Kowalski675
    POAH wrote:

don't know what you mean then

If the wrong person sees it there then it might go missing shortly afterwards. You don't want your house associated with an expensive bike - keep it out of sight.
  • poah

If the wrong person sees it there then it might go missing shortly afterwards. You don't want your house associated with an expensive bike - keep it out of sight.

what about when I take it out the garage to go for a ride or load it on to my car - do I put a cloak around it. there is only so much you can do. anyway there was no one around at that time of the day.
  • Kowalski675
    POAH wrote:

there is only so much you can do.

True, which includes not having it out on show any more than is necessary. As for loading it onto your car, I prefer to carry mine inside the car - you wouldn't be the first to be followed home to see where the nice bike on the back of the car lives.
  • brucie45
    brucie45 Posts: 279
    POAH wrote:
    fitted my pikes yesterday and thinking about going 1x10 too

p4pb10637131.jpg

p4pb10637129.jpg

p4pb10637130.jpg

Thats a craking looking bike that, love the pikes on it. Enjoy POAH
    Commencal Ramones Cromo 13 - viewtopic.php?f=10017&t=12926938
  • smart...........
  • Nice looking bike. Good to see another Ghost as well (I have the Cagua).

Would be interested to hear how much your bike weighs if you have put it on the scales as well as hearing how you get on with the pikes.
  • poah
    Festerfeet wrote:
    Nice looking bike. Good to see another Ghost as well (I have the Cagua).

Would be interested to hear how much your bike weighs if you have put it on the scales as well as hearing how you get on with the pikes.

29lb with pikes - the frame is not the lightest. if I was to swap to lighter tyres I'd be down at 27.5lb
  • Ha ha, mine is 31.5lb with an SLX build so yours sounds pretty svelte in comparison.

I have been toying with the idea of putting my bike on a diet, but am cautious about losing that sturdiness. Could lose a fair bit on the wheels, bar and stem. Am considering going 1x and want to swap out the fork from the Tallas to a Pike or even an X-Fusion Sweep if the budget is won't allow this isn't about weight so much as getting rid of the 2013 Fox monstrosity.
    I have the E:i suspension and it is brilliant but adds just over a pound but it is so worth it and will keep.
    Front tyre needs to be replaced with the rains coming but getting hold of getting hold of 650b tyres over here is proving more difficult as there isn't much of a market in China for that wheel size yet, that will add a bit of weight.

I don't intend to become obsessed about the weight, after all I want a rock solid dependable bike for all mountain use.
    I love the bike as it is when I ride it but some of the mountains I ride involve a fair bit of "bike-a-hike" to get to the good bits and I am not getting any younger.

I do like the look of yours though, mine is all stealth but I think the white on black sets it off nicely.
  • poah
    Easton carbon bars and KCNC grips lost me 200g and tubless saves about 120g over my tubes.
  • poah
    I've not used my granny ring is such a long time that it seemed logical to go 1x. I've went for a 32t and I've got a 11-34 at the back. doubt I'd ever what to use a 40 at the back, would rather walk :lol:

will eventually go to a smaller cage rear when I can afford one - saved 500g

p4pb10799728.jpg

p4pb10800115.jpg