Anglo Saxon culture?

2»

Comments

• finchy
    finchy Posts: 6,686
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    johnfinch wrote:
    Mikey23 wrote:
    I need to pop round my feudal lands and see how the serfs are getting on...

Stevo's fine.
    You'll be hearing from one of my minions in the morning :wink:

And I'm sure your minion will have a cunning plan.
  • nathancom
    nathancom Posts: 1,567
    johnfinch wrote:
    Mikey23 wrote:

Stevo's fine.

...although highly belligerent and not nearly subservient enough. Methinks he needs a short spell in A wing to put him in his place.
    I hope that is the left wing.
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,438
    nathancom wrote:
    johnfinch wrote:
    Mikey23 wrote:

Stevo's fine.

...although highly belligerent and not nearly subservient enough. Methinks he needs a short spell in A wing to put him in his place.

The A wing is where seanthecon served his 'back alley apprenticeship'. He was originally arrested for selling 'Lines Away' to the elderly in the Redhill area of Surrey. When he was in, A77 and I pimped him out to fund the purchase of new bike bits.
    Now it is Stevo's turn. :wink: I got my eye on a Master Olympic and need some cash. It will be easy as pie to get him a stretch - he's been cooking the books for years for the super rich.
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,717
    nathancom wrote:
    johnfinch wrote:
    Mikey23 wrote:

Stevo's fine.

The A wing is where seanthecon served his 'back alley apprenticeship'. He was originally arrested for selling 'Lines Away' to the elderly in the Redhill area of Surrey. When he was in, A77 and I pimped him out to fund the purchase of new bike bits.
    Now it is Stevo's turn. :wink: I got my eye on a Master Olympic and need some cash. It will be easy as pie to get him a stretch - he's been cooking the books for years for the super rich.
    Not too quickly, otherwise I won't be able to give you that advice :wink:
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,362
    mamba80 wrote:
    RideOnTime wrote:
    Imagine if Farage was our PM. OMFG :oops: :oops: :oops:

Why? would he be any worse than a toff from Eton, employing his mates to run the place? whilst playing "I love the NHS as they helped my dying son" card at every opportunity.

anyhow, I blame Cnut of Denmark, he was the first to invade and that led to
    one in the eye for Harold and then Edward took power, which led to a minors strike and blackouts.
    When did the children strike? Can I get my kids to take their jobs? About time the scroungers started paying their way.
  • pinno
    I thought this thread was a s dead as Anglo Saxon culture, but it's still going.

Thank christ it went off topic.

When you've given me the advice Stevo, i'll decide whether it's good enough for you to not get a stretch. :D
    Of course, I could have already started the ball rolling. A77 has a stake in it too - he needs his bike lubed by those girls on the Gnarly website. MattC needs to buy nappies and I am sure T47's Isetta is due another re-spray because the last one was dodgy.
  • adamfo
    adamfo Posts: 763
    RDW wrote:
    Anglo Saxons? Bloody immigrants! The Celts are the original Brits and the rest of you should go back to where you came from!

363px-Britain_in_AD500_-_Project_Gutenberg_eText_16790.jpg

Er... no. The Celts invaded from central Europe. The Iberians are the ancient Brits and 60% of the population carry their genes according to DNA research. The Celts along with all the other settlers and invaders are not above 7% for any one group.

http://www.prospectmagazine.co.uk/magaz ... hancestry/
  • RDW
    RDW Posts: 1,900
    adamfo wrote:
    RDW wrote:
    Anglo Saxons? Bloody immigrants! The Celts are the original Brits and the rest of you should go back to where you came from!

Er... no. The Celts invaded from central Europe. The Iberians are the ancient Brits and 60% of the population carry their genes according to DNA research. The Celts along with all the other settlers and invaders are not above 7% for any one group.

http://www.prospectmagazine.co.uk/magaz ... hancestry/

Anglo Saxons and Celts? Bloody immigrants! The Basques are the original Brits and the rest of you should go back to where you came from!
  • Lookyhere
    Lookyhere Posts: 987
    nathancom wrote:
    Well Britain doesn't have Far Right parties holding positions of power unlike in several European countries. I thnk Britain is one of the friendlier, more accepting nations for immigrants to enter, where they will be less troubled by abuse and discrimination.

So no I don't think this is a racist nation, even though we could better and some sections of our country are racist.

All in all, I think British people can be proud of how comparatively progressive we are as a nation. I think it is one of our finest characteristics.

Really....? an absolute disgrace that because the tories want to be seen to be tough on immigration, so a kid has her life turned inside out, for the sake of a few weeks, its not as if we havnt let in enough wasters.
    http://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/2014 ... thin-hours
  • Stevo_666
    When you've given me the advice Stevo, i'll decide whether it's good enough for you to not get a stretch. :D
    Well.....?
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • pinno
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    Well.....?

It's extradition for you to a foreign land full of short people and teeming with wee 3 legged animals with tartan fur.
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    Well.....?

It's extradition for you to a foreign land full of short people and teeming with wee 3 legged animals with tartan fur.
    Nooooooo, pleeeeeease, anything but that.... :P