Morocco Holiday Advice

bikedibley.com
bikedibley.com Posts: 22
edited March 2014 in Holidays
Hi
For next years' mountain bike adventure, I'll be hitting up Colorado. But earlier in the year, I'm hoping to spend a week in Morocco, riding the Atlas mountains.

Has anybody got any holiday advice for this destination? Should I go with a tour company and if so, which one? Can I make it up on on our (two or three of us)? I suspect I should book on with a tour company.

Which company did the riders use in The Collective's "Roam" movie?

Comments

• lg18
    lg18 Posts: 92
    I MTBd in Morocco with Exodus a few years ago. Actually it was the Ante-Atlas as it was January and the High Atlas are a tad icy and snowy at that time of year. It was a superb holiday - they take you on trails/tracks you would never know existed on your own. Not much technical singletrack to be honest, so if that's what you're after it won't tick that box a huge deal, but it's mostly landrover and mule tracks, also some (empty) road sections, including phenonemal loooong downhills. Landscape and different culture awesome. I would recommend extending the trip beyond the "tour" on your own, to see more of the towns/culture etc, as there wasn't a great deal of time.

Lucy
  • pilch
    pilch Posts: 1,136
    Freeride morocco - you cant go wrong, awesome riding, brilliant technical single track great food and plenty of local colour
    A berm? were you expecting one?

29er race

29er bouncer
  • I can thoroughly recommend Exodus 'Atlas Descent' holiday.
    It is run almost throughout the year. I went in November and weather was just right.
    "I"m over the hill so I"m not over the hill" !
  • peat
    peat Posts: 1,242
    +1 for Exodus Atlas Descent.

Just come back from a superb week's riding. Very sad to leave the fast, dusty, hot trails behind and come back to cold mud.