MK Bowl Suggested Training

antsmithmk
antsmithmk Posts: 717
Hi,

My Club has access to the MK Bowl every Tuesday night for 2 hours. I've been using it to get the winter miles in, just completing lap after lap at a steady speed. I'm wondering if I could use it a bit smarter however? For info, it's a 1km loop, 250m at about 3%, 250m at -3% and 500m flat.

What would others suggest?

Comments

• Is there not a group riding around at speed that you could fit in and ride through and off?
    If they are stronger riders then hang in as long as you can, rest and rejoin when they lap you.

If no group is suitable and you have to do it alone then maybe something like a 2 hr session consisting of
    20 mins warm up
    1hr 20 mins of fast tempo riding with a 20 second sprint/out of saddle acceleration every time you hit the flat section behind the stage.
    This should mean you are putting a little dig in every couple of minutes and having to continue at tempo immediately after and ride up the hill straight after putting in an effort.
    20 mins easy pedal to cool down

I used to do those night sessions at the bowl years ago and found that the most interesting use if time if a group wasn't around.
  • Ta that seems like a sensible use of time :-)