Knee pain

supertune205
supertune205 Posts: 27
Since i fitted new cleats ive started to get a pain on the outside of my knee. I marked old cleats and put in same position. I also have a cross bike with spds and dont get pain when i go out on it. the cleats are yellow shimano which i swapped like for like anybody got any ideas cheers

Comments

• Still got the old ones??? Check the wear pattern, you've probably worn them off to one side hence fresh ones are hurting
  • Dont have the old cleets so cant check could pedals be worn
  • When I had my bike fit last summer the chap used what looked like a cheap laser level but turned it through 90 degrees, pop a reflective dot on both knees and squatted in front of me whilst I pedalled and shone the laser level on the knees. We then went through an iterative process where he observed my knee motion and kept tweaking until they tracked straight up and down. I would imagine if you can't get hold of a cheap laser level (prices seem to start at about £10 on ebay) a plumb line would do fine. Might take you and someone else a while to fiddle it around but I am sure you could get there reasonably quickly, I went from having clear irritation on inside of knees after 30 minutes of hard effort to none after 3 hours.