Schwalbe Insider tyre cracking

portland_bill
portland_bill Posts: 287
Sorry if I've put this in the wrong place but I figured it's a training tyre so this forum would probably be best.

Anyway, I've got a Schwalbe Insider (Blue) tyre that I use with my turbo trainer. Thing is, I bought it September 12 and didn't actually use it that many times over last winter, or throughout the year and haven't used it at all over this winter, but I pulled the wheel out today to stick on my bike to set a new pair of cleats up and noticed there are long sections of cracking all over the tyre.

I've done a search on it and on their website it says "sidewall cracking is only cosmetic and will not affect the performance of the tyre therefore is not covered by the warranty" however the cracking on mine is all over the tyre.

It says a common reason is low tyre pressure but I run my tyres at 100-120PSI and it says it's working range is 85-145PSI.

Has anyone else experienced this or can anyone suggest what I need to do about it other than go out and spend another £30-40 on a tyre that I'll only get a few weeks use out of.

Cheers all!

Comments

• imposter2.0
    imposter2.0 Posts: 12,028
    Sorry if I've put this in the wrong place but I figured it's a training tyre so this forum would probably be best.

Flawed logic. Workshop forum would make more sense.
  • cougie
    cougie Posts: 22,512
    Does the cracking stop you using it ? Tbh I just use normal tyres on my trainer - no problems.
  • I've reposted this on the appropriate forum. Are there any admin around who can delete this one? Sorry guys!