tyres on 2011 Canyon Nerve XC

streetvw
streetvw Posts: 164
edited February 2014 in MTB buying advice
OK guys time for tyres and thinking about trying something other than the Nobby Nics looking a Maxxis minions but concerned that the 2.35's might be a bit tight as I've read that clearance is an issue on the rear. anyone run this size on a Nerve? or I'm open for suggestions for a good alternative

cheers
Dave
2011 Canyon Nerve XC7 viewtopic.php?t=12765275

Comments

• grenw
    grenw Posts: 803
    Do you need a wider tyre on the back? I dropped the NN off the back off mine and put a Ralph on there. It's stays on for most of the year unless the ground gets really bad.

The front is another matter but clearance isn't an issue there.
  • streetvw
    streetvw Posts: 164
    smallest minions are 2.35 so not a massive difference but just wondered if anyone had run them and if clearance was an issue
    2011 Canyon Nerve XC7 viewtopic.php?t=12765275
  • Did you ever find out about this?
    thinking of putting a set of rubber queens on my 2013 Nerve AL but I am worried the 2.4 will be too wide. The Canyon site says the frame can deal with 2.35 will the extra 0.05" mean there isn't enough clearance.
    Would I be better off with the 2.2 on the back and the 2.4 on the front?
  • Cqc
    Cqc Posts: 951
    Rubber queens blow up huge compared to their stated size. A rubber queen 2.2 is closer to a 2.4, so a 2.4 will be HUGE. Maxxis tires blow up small for their size, a 2.35 maxxis is closer to a stated 2.2 size