Mike Cotty rode 420 miles/52K feet of climbing in 33 hours

2»

Comments

• Flâneur
    Flâneur Posts: 3,081
    Got to say thoroughly impressed, and doubly so as you carried on after the fork in the road.
    Stevo 666 wrote: Come on you Scousers! 20/12/2014
    Crudder
    CX
    Toy
  • Mike Cotty wrote:
    Brian B wrote:
    Well done Mike - some effort!

I have always wondered why mike never went pro. Saw him on my marmotte DVD and he did it quite a bit easier than me.

I remember years ago when I was down in the Lakes going over Wrynose and Harknott passes (doing the Fred on my own) and Mike was there with Cycling Weekly for the killer climbs reports and I was pleased that I got up without walking and he came gliding up looking like it was a walk in the park.

Hi Brian,

If I'm honest I always dreamed of being a pro when I was growing up and I'd still sell body parts to this very day if I had the chance to race at the highest level (always looking to boost the power to weight ratio :wink:) I dedicated a disproportionate amount of time sat on my bike as a teenager trying to make it to that level but like everyone in life you get to the point where the road forks in two different directions and you have to make a choice. Since then I've just always tried to use my ability as best I can in a way that I can fulfill this crazy desire that I have inside to be amidst the heart of nature, halfway up a mountain, challenging my existence on the bike. I guess this thread is the story so far.....

MC

You didn't miss much... as a climber, you would have had to take EPO and other stuff... not worth it
    left the forum March 2023
  • Mike Cotty wrote:
    Mike Cotty wrote:
    general ride advice or Mavic related Q's that they may have

hi mike
    on the subject then of mavic can I ask what are your opinions on the mavic krysium elite wheelsets,thinking about buying a set.

sorry if this is hijacking the thread a bit. :oops: :oops: :oops:

Your final choice may come down to what kind of rider you are, or what type of riding you do, but I think most would agree if you are looking for a versatile wheelset that offers a high level of both performance and durability for the price then the Elite is certainly worthy of consideration.
    I'm no racer mike just your run of the mill cyclist really.as you say just looking for a good set of wheels that are durable, versatile with a little bit better performance than my fulcrum quattros at the min.want to do a few TT's this year and signing up for a 85 mile sportive so want something decent that wont break the bank.the elites sound like the wheels for me as they do get rave reviews as well.thanks mate
    Lapierre Aircode 300
    Merida