Dedacciai Pista

mroli
mroli Posts: 3,622
edited December 2013 in Your road bikes
Another one - but unlike this: http://www.bikeradar.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=40044&t=12904269&p=18167689&hilit=deda+%26+Pista#p18167689

I've gone for a full road set up straight away - its going to be my new commuting bike - so I'm riding it fixed, but with 2 brakes for extra stopping power. I've had the bits for this for over a year, but it needed chasing and facing and I had all sorts of bother with the seatpost tube that was meant to be a 27.2. Wiggle suggested getting it reamed - but the LBS I went to said that it was proving to be too long and laborious a process so I thought pah. I'll just use a 27.0 seatpost....

So specs are:

Dedacciai Pista Frame
Specialized Fact Carbon Fork (I'm gonna keep the Deda fork for if I ride track at some stage. Would also like to change the fork for something that "fits" an external headset without a (small) cap at the bottom, but it'll do for now)
Sram S100 1.1 crankset (48)
17t at the back
V-Sprintwheels on Miche hubs
Chris King Pretty in Pink headset
Stick on cable stops from SJS to run the brake cables.
Sram rival brakes.
Tektro levers
Deda stem (120) and bars (42 - o-o)
Shimano 105 SPD sl pedals
Deda bar tape
Specialized Armadillo at the back, Schwalbe Stelvio on the front. Touch wood, this has been a great commuting combo for me so far. That's about it. Now the all important question is:
11372119816_147ab8e2a1.jpg
11372113976_df2e57fb04.jpg

Brooks Cambium (slate) or Fizik Arione (white) saddle? I'm leaning towards the Brooks at the moment....

Comments

• Now the all seatpost story is coming back in mind... glad you got that sorted... and this is bike number? :mrgreen:

PS: YOU SAID you would have assembled the high wheel bike before Christmas... :roll:
    left the forum March 2023
  • mroli
    mroli Posts: 3,622
    I've still got 10 days!!!!

Bike nos have gone down recently - sold the BMX, sold the recumbent. Have obtained a MTB though as well....
  • Well, that looks great! Those forks even look pretty good with it. And the pink headset :) I'd go with the fizik saddle for sure. Got a Ti railed Arione in black if you're interested?

I'll get some fresh pics of mine up soon, it's changed quite a lot since I first got it built and I'm loving it all the more. Ended up going for the standard drop bars and two hood set up as you've done but still with just a front brake. I'm generally finding it really comfy compared to my ribble. I know it's a bit of a shame considering it's such a lovely frame, but it's great for commuting!

I've also recently bought a Columbus Tusk Air fork (£75 from ribble, seemed silly not to), so I'm gonna give that a try on the Dedacciai over christmas. Not sure if the aero fork will look right with the skinny tubing but only one way to find out... Pics will be posted!
    Ribble Audax - FCN 5
    Dedacciai Pista - FCN 3
  • Nice bike, what a lot of bother though.

If you need a 26.8 I have a nice Dura Ace fluted post you could use...
    When a cyclist has a disagreement with a car; it's not who's right, it's who's left.