Just had my Vo2 max test

Dudders29
Dudders29 Posts: 171
And I'm crap apparently ! Well there's no surprise there as I only started cycling 3 months ago. I'm a half decent runner and aswell as lots of other things it showed me that being a runner can still make you shit on the bike. I've got a lot of work to do before IM next year.
On the maximal test I only lasted 6 mins before I was proper ball bagged, breathing at 58 breaths per minute and I apparently didn't quite reach anaerobic !

Comments

• cougie
    cougie Posts: 22,512
    Why did you have a VO2 max test ? Theres cheaper ways to check your progress. And easier to repeat as well without need for a lab.
  • Dudders29 wrote:
    And I'm crap apparently ! Well there's no surprise there as I only started cycling 3 months ago. I'm a half decent runner and aswell as lots of other things it showed me that being a runner can still make you shoot on the bike. I've got a lot of work to do before IM next year.
    On the maximal test I only lasted 6 mins before I was proper ball bagged, breathing at 58 breaths per minute and I apparently didn't quite reach anaerobic !
    So what is you VO" max ? Or tell me your running times for say 5000m and Iwill have a guess at it !!
    regards
    ILG
  • Because I'm a geek and I like the idea of doing something scientifically . To be honest I did it to get accurate zones to train in as my plan uses time in zone and not mileage
  • phil s
    phil s Posts: 1,128
    What numbers did you get and what's your definition of decent at running?
    -- Dirk Hofman Motorhomes --