looking good though

IMAG0536_zps15a7ee45.jpg
last month wilier gt -this month ? bh rc1

Comments

• Beautiful..
    enjoy it...
  • 1tal
    1tal Posts: 2
    Looks good, I designed and had built,the first one from Justin with ISP.
  • Beatmaker
    Beatmaker Posts: 1,092
    That looks great, can I ask how much the frame cost?
  • rokt
    rokt Posts: 493
    That's nice, very nice.....
  • limoneboy
    limoneboy Posts: 480
    edited December 2013
    Thanks all,

To start Justin is fantastic he pretty much built exactly what i asked for , i asked for di2 and he got it done a first for him.
    the frame only came in at £1250 , it was based on my bianchi Oltre geometry but with a shorter top tube to save my back, it, as you can imagine is very snappy and to be honest a better ride than anything i have ever ridden ,only a short ride around the block but it is smooth as silk and stiff as a board,love it

spec run down

burls frame - isp -di2 - taper steerer - brass head badge - removable hanger
    eaton ec90sl forks
    hope headset tapered
    kcnc isp post
    selle carbo flow seat 115g
    trp 970sl mag calipers
    3t stealth stem
    easton ec90 slx bars
    lizard skin tape
    dura ace 9000 chainset
    dura 9000 ace bb
    dura ace 9000 cassette 11-28
    dura ace 9000 chain
    ultegra 11 rear mech di2
    ultegra front mech
    ultegra di2 levers
    fulcrum zero dark label
    michelin pro4 tyres
    sonic inner tubes

weighs in at 6.95kg which is excellent for a titanium frame bike
  • maxlite
    maxlite Posts: 293
    Love it, carbon bikes come and go....but titanium is classic :D
    Cervelo R5
    Cinelli Saetta
    Giant XTC
    Raleigh Classic
  • Sweet.
    Q1 - Why did you go ISP?
    Q2 - Did the choice of fork dictate taper steerer/hope headset tapered.

Brain cogs whirring regards my ideal winter/commuter...
  • Sweet.
    Q1 - Why did you go ISP?
    Q2 - Did the choice of fork dictate taper steerer/hope headset tapered.

Brain cogs whirring regards my ideal winter/commuter...

went isp for a few reasons A) to keep the weight down B) comfort and positive feel C) clean lines. Also if your having a frame custom made you should not have to change the post height unless the seat is slightly taller.

easton do tapered and straight ec90 it was my choice to stiffen up the front end which it has , justin will do what ever you ask on the head tube.
  • Supergoose
    Supergoose Posts: 1,089
    Can I ask why you kept the bosses for the external gear cabling when went you went for DI2?
    Rock 'n' Roule
  • you are a true connoisseur. when I first saw it I was all a bit 'yawn, a ti bike' but when you described your approach and the objectives the end result sounds impressive indeed.

ride the stuffing out of it. even if it's winter now you have a basically waterproof bike :)
    When a cyclist has a disagreement with a car; it's not who's right, it's who's left.
  • New pics , manage to get out on this today with it being sunny ,what a bike !

My Oltre was fast but quite harsh on longer distances this is silk smooth and seems to me to be just as rapid,

IMAG0551_zps232243e3.jpg

IMAG0552_zpsc2bf382c.jpg

IMAG0553_zps5b2e43f8.jpg
    IMAG0554_zpsb48e3cc3.jpg
    IMAG0555_zpsa6ecbf36.jpg

A Bit dirty but you get the Idea, included some di2 details as i have bben asked about setup
  • Every time I see a picture of a Burls with round tubes I know I've made the right decision - mine's due to be in UK in a few weeks time.

Yours is looking great. So it feels as good as hoped to ride? I'm going from Al to Ti so I'm hoping to notice a difference!

What's the script on the two different Easton EC90 forks? Is one more rigid (less tapered) than the other?
  • RideOnTime
    RideOnTime Posts: 4,712
    good pics...
  • Every time I see a picture of a Burls with round tubes I know I've made the right decision - mine's due to be in UK in a few weeks time.

Yours is looking great. So it feels as good as hoped to ride? I'm going from Al to Ti so I'm hoping to notice a difference!

What's the script on the two different Easton EC90 forks? Is one more rigid (less tapered) than the other?

I went for round tubes because i wanted a classic look hence no massive aero carbon wheels , having said that i put my 38mm carbons on the other day and it looked amazing.

i am using zero rims and it still feels smooth on the road (zeros are stiff as boards) .it snaps up well when you push it and seems to climb with equal ease to my old oltre.

As mention before went for tapered head tube for front end stiffness , i spend alot of time descending around north wales and italy/france in the summer so i wanted a tight front end , i actually prefer the look of a straight head tube but with me its all about function being a designer. One thing i will say is the welding on this frame is as the best i have ever seen , looked at some VN titanium frames and others and this is finished better, most companys would not bother adding material to cable entry holes but if you look at this frame they are welded on little discs.
  • Thanks for your reply....as if I wasn't excited enough already!

All the best, enjoy your beautiful bike.
  • The HT is barely noticeable so you've scored a nice win there, looks great and it's stiff.

Depending on how attached you are to the saddle clamp (it looks like the KCNC with the double clamp) a smoother black one like the Woodman could give it a more balanced look: http://www.woodmancomponents.com/Web/Pr ... 2006:30:13

Given the frame is Ti, a nice Ti topper would look great but being Ti it would be expensive to make - several welds to do...
    When a cyclist has a disagreement with a car; it's not who's right, it's who's left.
  • limoneboy
    limoneboy Posts: 480
    horseshoe Pass ,words not needed !

IMAG0600_zpsd5bc1768.jpg

IMAG0604_zps66235a76.jpg
  • Excellent stuff!!!!
  • Bordersroadie
    Bordersroadie Posts: 1,052
    Bike's looking superb! Great photos, it looks like a summer day!
  • Great looking Bike, i am looking to order one myself, what size down tube and top tube did you go for.
    As the proportions look great.
    Building:
    S-Works Venge, Ultegra DI2, Carbon Clinchers
    Race:
    Moda Stretto, Force Groupset, American Classic Carbon 58`s

Winter:
    Whyte Suffolk, Hydro Disks

Retro:
    Tommasini Super Prestige Full Campagnolo C/W Delta`s