Winter training plan

chrisǃ
chrisǃ Posts: 67
Hello,

Can anyone recommend a good winter training plan? I've done a fair bit of reading up on the subject and now I don't know if I should just be riding LSD when I can (weekends mainly as I work full time) or doing specific turbo efforts through the week? I've started doing long rides at an easy tempo at weekends to 'get the miles in'.

I didn't ride much at all last winter so I want to build on the gains I've made over this summer. Through summer I could ride a 23-25mph chaingang only getting dropped on hills or when there was a real injection of pace.

My aims for next year are to do some road races, crits and generally be a bit quicker. I'd also like to do some sportives with good times. I'm 6ft and 68kg so I don't have to worry about trying to loose weight.

Comments

• For most people, it's generally a good idea to do some hard sessions, and some endurance sessions throughout the winter. There's no physiological reason (for most people) why you can't do high intensity all year round. what does need to be thought about is how much of everything can be done in relation to your goals, your time available and your other life needs.

ric
    Coach to Michael Freiberg - Track World Champion (Omnium) 2011
    Coach to James Hayden - Transcontinental Race winner 2017, and 2018
    Coach to Jeff Jones - 2011 BBAR winner and 12-hour record
    Check out our new website https://www.cyclecoach.com