martj
martj Posts: 10
edited October 2013 in MTB general
gutted ive bought a canyon got a few problems with it,i was worried about buying online as im no mechanic i know why now.lbs for me in the future. :(:(

Comments

• nicklouse
    nicklouse Posts: 50,675
    so what have Canyon said?
    "Do not follow where the path may lead, Go instead where there is no path, and Leave a Trail."
    Parktools :?:SheldonBrown
  • Chunkers1980
    Chunkers1980 Posts: 8,035
    You signed up to illiterately say that. Nice one.
  • martj
    thanks
  • kajjal
    kajjal Posts: 3,380

It is a fair comment and the experience may help other people. Not everyone can or wants to maintain their own bikes fully. After years of stripping my bikes down an reassembling them I am happy enough but less experienced people not so.
  • kajjal
    kajjal Posts: 3,380
    martj wrote:
    gutted ive bought a canyon got a few problems with it,i was worried about buying online as im no mechanic i know why now.lbs for me in the future. :(:(

If you check on the internet there are solutions to most problems and normally video's and pictures to show the solutions. What problems are you having ?
  • martj
    just grumbling cus i just wanna ride my bike lol its been delivered with no axle/spindle in the rear wheel,hopefully canyon will send me one still waiting for a reply,is it an easy fix?
  • Chunkers1980
    Kajjal wrote:

It is a fair comment and the experience may help other people. Not everyone can or wants to maintain their own bikes fully. After years of stripping my bikes down an reassembling them I am happy enough but less experienced people not so.

But it makes no difference if you buy from the internet or LBS unless it was defective on delivery, which op does not say. It is like he has signed up to slate Canyon, not buying online.
  • nicklouse
    nicklouse Posts: 50,675
    and I bet the OP has not even been in contact with Canyon.
    "Do not follow where the path may lead, Go instead where there is no path, and Leave a Trail."
    Parktools :?:SheldonBrown
  • arran77
    arran77 Posts: 9,260
    nicklouse wrote:

Still waiting for a reply suggests they have :wink:
    martj wrote:
    just grumbling cus i just wanna ride my bike lol its been delivered with no axle/spindle in the rear wheel,hopefully canyon will send me one still waiting for a reply,is it an easy fix?
    "Arran, you are like the Tony Benn of smut. You have never diluted your depravity and always stand by your beliefs. You have my respect sir and your wife my pity" :lol:

seanoconn
  • BigAl
    BigAl Posts: 3,122
    arran77 wrote:
    nicklouse wrote:

Still waiting for a reply suggests they have :wink:

Though his OP suggests they wouldn't be able to understand his email.
  • pesky_jones
    pesky_jones Posts: 2,890
    I get the feeling he may only just have emailed them
  • 97th choice
    97th choice Posts: 2,222
    What model is it? You could get the right skewer from an LBS and be riding it tomorrow....

You could also send it back and pay several hundred pounds more for the same spec bike elsewhere of course.
    Too-ra-loo-ra, too-ra-loo-rye, aye

Giant Trance
    Radon ZR 27.5 Race
    Btwin Alur700
    Merida CX500
  • Maro
    Maro Posts: 226
    I had a small issue with my canyon when it arrived, I spoke to the UK service center straight away and they could not have been more helpful.

PS. I think my front wheel had skewer already fitted but the rear one was in the box somewhere.
    Bird Aeris. DMR Trailstar. Spesh Rockhopper pub bike.
  • martj
    not slating anyone hopefully it will be sorted soon,just a bit miffed i will post the outcome
  • Which Canyon do you have and what skewer do you need?

Edit: and have you checked the box and all the plastic bags? pretty sure mine was taped somewhere.
  • 97th choice
    97th choice Posts: 2,222
    and have you checked the box and all the plastic bags? pretty sure mine was taped somewhere.

Im putting my bet on this
    Too-ra-loo-ra, too-ra-loo-rye, aye

Giant Trance
    Radon ZR 27.5 Race
    Btwin Alur700
    Merida CX500
  • BigAl
    BigAl Posts: 3,122
    and have you checked the box and all the plastic bags? pretty sure mine was taped somewhere.

Im putting my bet on this

Likewise. But i'm going for an accumulator and also betting he's not going to admit to it
  • martj
    i will check later and hold my hands up lol, we all make mistakes chaps.
  • welshkev
    welshkev Posts: 9,690
    martj wrote:
    i will check later and hold my hands up lol, we all make mistakes chaps.

that's ok, you could have done as my mate tom did and wrap his brakes around his forks, pull out the brake hose and post a pic of it on here slagging off canyon when it was obviously his fault :lol:
  • martj
    had a look today no joy,so i took the wheel to the lbs to be told the wheel is a through axle not a qr,ive been in touch with canyon from day one hopefully it will get sorted and all will be ok.the origonal post was not a dig at canyon, just a comment on my feelings of dissapointment when i couldnt get out and ride,my mistake for naming canyon when i should of just explained the problem,didnt mean to upset anyone.
  • No one is upset lol... just a few touchy people :wink:

What bike is it though?! You never know one of us may have a spare sitting in a box doing nothing :wink:
  • martj
    fair play to canyon for sorting me out,gotta go ride tomorrow even though ive been on cannock chase for 2hrs today lol
  • Chunkers1980
    Eh?

So what happened in English?
  • Myster101
    Myster101 Posts: 856
    Guessing Canyon sent him a spare.........I think :?

Scott Genius MC 30 RIP
    Nukeproof Mega AM 275 Comp
    Cube LTD Rigid Commuter
    Ribble 7005 Sportive
  • cooldad
    cooldad Posts: 32,599
    Hissy fit over.
    I don't do smileys.

There is no secret ingredient - Kung Fu Panda

London Calling on Facebook

Parktools