Progress...

cyclecon
cyclecon Posts: 15
edited September 2013 in Road beginners
Hi all,
Well I did a bit of shopping yesterday, I bought some new shifters/brake lever combos that come with all the cables and cable outers required, a new handlebar/grips, and today will be picking up the new tyres/tubes and brake pads then it should be good for a few miles :D I've got to admit i'm really looking forward to riding again i've even bought an iphone bar mount so i can record my progress with strava :lol: I'll post some before/after photos once ive got everything fitted and cleaned up.

Comments

• Gizmo_
    Gizmo_ Posts: 558
    I wouldn't put the phone on a bar mount... just set it running, put it in your back pocket and ride how you feel :)
    Scott Sportster P45 2008 | Cannondale CAAD8 Tiagra 2012
  • But do you have the frame yet?!! :)
    Reporter: "What's your prediction for the fight?"
    Clubber Lang: "Prediction?"
    Reporter: "Yes. Prediction"
    Clubber Lang: "....Pain!!!"
  • Ride hard wrote:
    But do you have the frame yet?!! :)

DAMMIT! I knew i'd forgotten something :lol:

I'm resurrecting my old Claud butler and the frame, saddle/stem, wheel hubs, brakes and gears seem to be fine, no grinding or squeaking noises even under load, the damage is mostly cosmetic but some minor parts have rusted and as a precaution im using liberal amounts of wd40 on any screws/bolts to avoid any chewed parts :wink:
    $(KGrHqJ,!pQE-v1DDhpYBPyNeBlncg~~60_57.JPG

These are the new shifters ive just bought, hopefully they should do the job! I figured at that price it would be rude not to :lol:
    The Riser bar is just a bog standard one from the bike hut and the tyres are schwalbe land cruisers as i do the odd bit of tow path riding off the road and they looked as though they would do a decent job all round.
    Once its all together it should be in working order to start notching up some mileage! :D