MAMIL Sunday morning thread

tlw1
tlw1 Posts: 21,896
edited September 2013 in The Crudcatcher
Morning

Bit tired this morning after too many beers and a late night last night. Saw rob Beckett - his show needs a bit more work, but interaction with the crowd was fantastic. Yesterday's hippy event was actually really good, helped by the weather, but good in its own right - after having a go in a kayak I'm currently trawling eBay for one :D

Today is out with some if the lads, unsure which bike I'm taking, probably the proper one with gears as the weather looks great. That will be followed by cleaning cars, bit of chainsaw action and then a visit to our second home, aka the local pub :)

Comments

• matthew h wrote:
    after having a go in a kayak I'm currently trawling eBay for one :D
    Look into where you can use a kayak before buying one, you may not be so keen then (depends where you live really).

Mehning Losers!

Work today, in the vain hope of getting things ready for tomorrow. It won't happen, and then people will shout. Meh.

That's pretty much today summed up, except, have you donated to http://www.justgiving.com/cc2cc yet? If not, why not? And if you have, why haven't you donated again?
    Laters!
    It takes as much courage to have tried and failed as it does to have tried and succeeded.
    Join us on UK-MTB we won't bite, but bring cake!
    Blender Cube AMS Pro
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,896
    matthew h wrote:
    Look into where you can use a kayak before buying one, you may not be so keen then (depends where you live really).

You sound like the wife........

TBH it is mainly the canal round here, but I've got a piraña canoe that we often stick on the roof and take on holiday with us - so not much difference

Re: just giving - will sort it later
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,801
    Morning Flange Hounds,

Looks like its going to be quiet in here over the next few days - good luck to CCC2CCC'ers.

I was up early due last nights curry giving me the 'Calcutta splutter' so am now trying to flush the last of it out with coffee :). Part of the day needs to be spent entertaining junior then hopefully will get to see some of the F1. In the meantime back to searching for shiny expensive stuff in the interweb.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • lawman
    lawman Posts: 6,868
    Morning bumders!!

Just stopped off for some breakfast after a mammoth drive with Richie63 to move me into uni and then meet with the others on the CCC2CCCCC. Starting to realise its tomorrow we start, nerves are setting in!! Still should be an awesome weeks riding and it's for a fantastic cause!!!
  • matthew h wrote:
    matthew h wrote:

You sound like the wife........

TBH it is mainly the canal round here, but I've got a piraña canoe that we often stick on the roof and take on holiday with us - so not much difference

Re: just giving - will sort it later
    Maybe I am your wife, checking up on you! ;)

Fair enough. I really wanted to get into kayaking a few years ago, but then found I'd have to take a pretty long drive to find somewhere decent, and then pay for the privilege. Put me off.

Good good, they're doing really well with money raising, but we don't want it to stop :D
    It takes as much courage to have tried and failed as it does to have tried and succeeded.
    Join us on UK-MTB we won't bite, but bring cake!
    Blender Cube AMS Pro
  • angry_bird
    angry_bird Posts: 3,786
    Monging bumders

Strip rehearsals in full swing. Bumped into Martin Freeman on the way into uni, he's definitely not a real hobbit but his dog is fairly tiny. This evening is the first night of freshers, round 5, should be fun, no way will I be in uni tomorrow. Also I think I'll give them crudders a bit of money to bugger off for the week, after the amount Gaz has been on about it the past few months seems only fair.

TTFN
  • foxc_uk
    foxc_uk Posts: 1,292
    'Ning
    Busy old week - snowboarding, road riding, depression, insomnia, cinema, loading vans for the Cycle Show, spin at Cannock, finished off with a trip oop North to exchange the Stumpinator for Supersonic's beer/bike tokens.
    Loading another van tomorrow. Then off to Brummy land.

Kisses
    Foxc
  • nicklouse
    nicklouse Posts: 50,675
    ahh so that is where Sonics new bike came from.'

todays Work.

just watched the DH and now the F1 Highlights.
    "Do not follow where the path may lead, Go instead where there is no path, and Leave a Trail."
    Parktools :?:SheldonBrown
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,801
    foxc_uk wrote:
    a trip oop North to exchange the Stumpinator for Supersonic's beer/bike tokens.
    So you got a 'bike upgrade' from Supersonic? :wink:
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • nicklouse
    nicklouse Posts: 50,675
    job done.

mmmm

Work!
    "Do not follow where the path may lead, Go instead where there is no path, and Leave a Trail."
    Parktools :?:SheldonBrown
  • foxc_uk
    foxc_uk Posts: 1,292
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    foxc_uk wrote:
    a trip oop North to exchange the Stumpinator for Supersonic's beer/bike tokens.
    So you got a 'bike upgrade' from Supersonic? :wink:
    Nope. He got a 'bike upgrade' from me. :shock:
  • supersonic
    supersonic Posts: 82,708
    I'm going to give it a good thrash today!
  • gt-arrowhead
    gt-arrowhead Posts: 2,507
    edited September 2013
    Doesnt your missus go ape shyte at you keeping the bikes in the front room? :lol:
  • welshkev
    welshkev Posts: 9,690
    supersonic wrote:
    The new pile:

DSC_0557_zpsd119da2f.jpg

i'm actually gutted I missed out on this, I should check twitter more often!! :x
  • What was it you missed out on kev?
  • supersonic
    supersonic Posts: 82,708
    The stumpy I bought off foxc!