Orbea Orca B105 (2012)

simona75
simona75 Posts: 336
edited September 2013 in Your road bikes
Have had this for a year or so now but I've just added some nice new wheels (poor pic though)

image1.jpeg

All standard apart from the wing bars, 105 pedals, Specialized BG Avatar saddle and (recently added) Wheelsmith Race23s. Only mild annoyance is that my Garmin 500 is blue.........

Comments

• focuz
    focuz Posts: 150
    Wheels looking good, but those red cages don't go well.
  • imposter2.0
    imposter2.0 Posts: 12,028
    sort that saddle out...
  • Imposter wrote:
    sort that saddle out...

whats wrong with it? I've always found it fits me perfectly
  • A Barfly 2.0 Garmin mount would also be a nice touch.

"I like riding in my car, it's not quite a Jaguar."
  • imposter2.0
    simona75 wrote:
    Imposter wrote:
    sort that saddle out...

Level it and your knees will be grateful. There's a reason why 99.999% of bikes have level saddles.
  • Imposter wrote:
    simona75 wrote:
    Imposter wrote:
    sort that saddle out...

Level it and your knees will be grateful. There's a reason why 99.999% of bikes have level saddles.

It is level, must be the photo. Never had any knee trouble (yet - touch wood)
  • imposter2.0
    simona75 wrote:
    It is level, must be the photo.

really??
  • Imposter wrote:
    simona75 wrote:

really??

Honest :D
  • Yossie
    Yossie Posts: 2,600
    Slam that stem as well and it'll be well cool.
  • Lovely frame! What size is it, looks rather large?

Not sure about the red cages either- don't seem to match the cables or the red on the frame. These are minor things though.
  • imposter2.0
    simona75 wrote:
    Imposter wrote:
    simona75 wrote:

really??

Well, in that case, you need a carpenter - because your skirting boards are obviously not level...
  • Its only a 57.

Never been sure about the cages as they are a deeper red than that on the frame (which is more burnt orange!). Suggestions welcome on bottle cage colours that will be a better match :)
  • Imposter wrote:
    simona75 wrote:
    Imposter wrote:
    simona75 wrote:

really??

Well, in that case, you need a carpenter - because your skirting boards are obviously not level...

Perils of living in rented accommodation, wondered why it kept on rolling to the front door ovenight :D
  • simona75 wrote:
    Its only a 57.

Never been sure about the cages as they are a deeper red than that on the frame (which is more burnt orange!). Suggestions welcome on bottle cage colours that will be a better match :)

Fair enough, so I'm guessing you're about 6'2". I've got the same frame in a 51, and I'm 5'10". Comes up slightly on the smaller side, but really responsive.

I just went for plain black/white elite cages after trying a couple options (white/black, black/white, red/black) in the LBS
  • andytee87 wrote:
    Fair enough, so I'm guessing you're about 6'2". I've got the same frame in a 51, and I'm 5'10". Comes up slightly on the smaller side, but really responsive.

I just went for plain black/white elite cages after trying a couple options (white/black, black/white, red/black) in the LBS

I'm 6'1 ish so 57 is about right for me . May go for some black/white ones now I've seen them in your pictures.
  • defride
    defride Posts: 277
    Nice bike.

My bikes the same colour combo and the white elite bc's with black and red highlights work great.
  • I think that colour combo would take white cages without any problem.

"I like riding in my car, it's not quite a Jaguar."