I nearly fell off this morning on Bishopsgate.... from shock

2»

Comments

• Asprilla wrote:
    Wonder what the law thinks of dismounting, walking into the ASL and then remounting?

Fine I'd imagine: if you're walking with your bike then you're a pedestrian and stop lines etc. only apply to vehicles (which includes bikes being riden).

There's a junction I use each day to turn right before going immediately left: if the light has only just changed red I'll get off and push my bike over the stop line and across the pedestrian crossing to join the bike path that runs that way. Due to the way the timings work that always ok, if the lights have been on red for a while there's a lot of traffic coming towards me in the other lane so it's not.
  • mroli
    mroli Posts: 3,622
    Asprilla wrote:
    Wonder what the law thinks of dismounting, walking into the ASL and then remounting?
    Wonder what the law thinks of getting out of your car, pushing it into the ASL and then getting back in :P
  • asprilla
    asprilla Posts: 8,440
    mroli wrote:
    Asprilla wrote:
    Wonder what the law thinks of getting out of your car, pushing it into the ASL and then getting back in :P

That's a much more interesting question.
    Mud - Genesis Vapour CCX
    Race - Fuji Norcom Straight
    Sun - Cervelo R3
    Winter / Commute - Dolan ADX
  • cookdn
    cookdn Posts: 410
    bails87 wrote:
    cookdn wrote:
    bails87 wrote:
    If you enter the ASL (on a bike) by crossing a solid white line then you've commited the same offence as a car that drives into the ASL on a red light.

Which makes this a real mystery: http://goo.gl/maps/1OxJV

%255BUNSET%255D.png

Squeezing three lanes at that junction have made them a bit narrow for filtering up a queue of traffic. Maybe they're expecting you to circumvent the queuing traffic on the pavement ? :?
    But they can design them with a small section of broken line at the side of each lane, so you don't need a filter lane at all (although it does diminish the use of them).

You do realise I was being tongue-in-cheek :wink:
    Boardman CX Team
  • vermin wrote:
    Asprilla wrote:
    It's been all over the news for the last few days that they are clamping down on ASL encroachment and RLJing.

And yet, when I gently (and it really was polite and gentle) alerted a van driver to that fact, in Brixton on Friday night, he kindly offered to run me over and kill me at the next set of lights.
    Get him to tweet that and he'll go down for years.