Landing myself in a&e

adowling92
adowling92 Posts: 225
edited August 2013 in Your pics and vids
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c3m3fr58j7Y

go to about 3 minutes.
knocked myself out, gave myself severe concussion. Face took the brunt of me and my bike! Don't even know what happened! Bit scary when the doctor tells you that if i wasn't wearing a helmet, i could potentially be looking at life changing head injuries!!!

HELMETS SAVE LIVES KIDS!!!

P.s. Don't judge, i'm new to this MTBing
Nothing compares to the simple pleasure of a bike ride. --John F. Kennedy

Comments

• IhateDNS
    IhateDNS Posts: 380
    3:16 for crash
    Ouch heal fast & wear glove too can save your hand :wink:
    I only ride 'em, I don't know what makes 'em work!
  • WindyG
    WindyG Posts: 1,099
    As above you might want to consider getting gloves, they can really save your hands in an off
  • adowling92
    WindyG wrote:
    As above you might want to consider getting gloves, they can really save your hands in an off
    IhateDNS wrote:
    3:16 for crash
    Ouch heal fast & wear glove too can save your hand :wink:
    Cheers for the advice guys! i'll get some :)
  • Kowalski675
    Kowalski675 Posts: 4,412
    Standard advice for motorcycling, which I guess is transferable to MTBs, is to always wear a decent helmet and gloves (if nothing else) - that way, at least you can have a w*nk in your hospital bed... :lol:
  • :lol: Less of that ! I am an nhs nurse. Hope you are ok.
  • Kowalski675
    :lol: Less of that ! I am an nhs nurse.

So you should agree - I presume you don't want to be doing it for them, after they've knackered their hands, lol. :lol:
  • adowling92
    :lol: Less of that ! I am an nhs nurse. Hope you are ok.
    Less of the MTBing or the w*nking in a hospital bed?
    :lol: Less of that ! I am an nhs nurse.

So you should agree - I presume you don't want to be doing it for them, after they've knackered their hands, lol. :lol:
    Dont wear gloves and hope for a nice looking nurse! Risky ;)
  • welshkev
    welshkev Posts: 9,690
    hope you're ok mate, you can always tell it's a nasty crash when someone doesn't move straight away afterwards.

but what the hell did you fall off on?!?! :wink::lol:
  • adowling92
    welshkev wrote:
    hope you're ok mate, you can always tell it's a nasty crash when someone doesn't move straight away afterwards.

but what the hell did you fall off on?!?! :wink::lol:

Looks like that small mound somehow made me go for a flight. I'm going to take a walk and follow where i went on the camera to have a look at some point! Will be back on the bike in a few weeks hopefully, really has knocked my confidence!

Cheers man, +1
  • Kowalski675
    adowling92 wrote:
    I presume you don't want to be doing it for them, after they've knackered their hands, lol. :lol:
    Dont wear gloves and hope for a nice looking nurse! Risky ;)

:lol: A new category of risky w*nking, lol.
  • nicklouse
    nicklouse Posts: 50,675
    adowling92 wrote:

should have said welcome to the darkside where we dont have 20 page arguments about helmets.

gloves and barend plugs are also a must.
    "Do not follow where the path may lead, Go instead where there is no path, and Leave a Trail."
    Parktools :?:SheldonBrown
  • adowling92
    nicklouse wrote:
    adowling92 wrote:

should have said welcome to the darkside where we dont have 20 page arguments about helmets.

Ey? :s

Gloves I know, and my bar ends are covered.
  • angry_bird
    angry_bird Posts: 3,786
    adowling92 wrote:
    nicklouse wrote:
    adowling92 wrote:

Which bit?

Bare ends, wouldn't want to land on one of them without a plug, bit like an apple corer. Or the roadies bit? They do go a bit OTT when it comes to helmets :roll:
  • adowling92
    Angry Bird wrote:
    adowling92 wrote:
    nicklouse wrote:
    adowling92 wrote:

Which bit?

Bare ends, wouldn't want to land on one of them without a plug, bit like an apple corer. Or the roadies bit? They do go a bit OTT when it comes to helmets :roll:

I understand it now, was reading it wrong. Think there should have been a comma after 'should have said'. Without sounds like a grammar nazi lol.

But i know what you mean about the helmets! I'm a roadie though, but i don't argue about my helmet :p
  • hope you get better asap and jump straight back in the saddle when you are better. we all get scares from time to time. you just chalk it down to experience and carry on just a bit wiser.

i had a similar otb incident (a bad landing from a 2ft jump) but i just got a concusion not a k.o. my boy was with me and i think it scared him more than it hurt me. i had to replace my helmet, as i landed i hit the back of my head on a rock and snapped/squashed the foam beyond acceptable use. i would never ride anywhere without a lid, not even when testing gear/brake tweeks in my cul de sac.

I'm amazed how many don't wear them, i don't know anyone whose head is harder than a rock or kerb.
    I don't know enough to make smart r's remarks about peoples choice of parts 'n' things, yet!