Felt Z85, my first road bike

fwgx
fwgx Posts: 114
edited July 2013 in Your road bikes
felt-z85.jpg

Got it the other day and loving it so far. I also have a Felt QX60 that I have been using as my commuter but this is like half the weight and is so fast. Have only been on one 11.5 mile proper ride on it so far and shaved 4 minutes off my previous time and that includes a 0.5 mile detour.

Looking forward to getting out on it more!! :):)

Comments

• diamonddog
    diamonddog Posts: 3,426
    Like the red & black, think matching black saddle & bar tape would make it look better.
    What are the specs?
  • MrSweary
    MrSweary Posts: 1,699
    Nice bike 8)

Had mine about 9 months now and it has been solid and lots of fun to commute on - my first roadie too. It'll also take Cruds if you plan to ride it over winter.
    Kinesis Racelite 4s disc
    Kona Paddy Wagon
    Canyon Roadlite Al 7.0 - reborn as single speed!
    Felt Z85 - mangled by taxi.
  • fwgx
    diamonddog wrote:
    Like the red & black, think matching black saddle & bar tape would make it look better.
    What are the specs?

I was thinking all black would be good, but for now I will leave it as is. I'll post some more pics tonight once I have kitted it out with saddle bag, lights etc.

I like how fast it accelerates - it wants you to ride it fast and hard. Was nice smoking the other commuters this morning :D

The specs are:

Front Mech: Shimano 105 ø31.8mm clamp-on

Rear Mech: Shimano 105

Shifters: Shimano 105 STI

Chainset: FSA Vero, 50/34T; 175mm

Bottom Bracket: FSA Square Tapered

Cassette: Shimano, 12-30T

Seatpost: Felt UHC Performance Carbon Fiber
  • doug5_10
    doug5_10 Posts: 465
    Please remove all reflectors, dork discs, lights, saddlebags, locks and bidons before posting photos.
    Yours, the OCP Police.

PS: Nice ride and nice photos :wink:
    Edinburgh Revolution Curve
    http://app.strava.com/athletes/1920048
  • fwgx
    It's my commuter + it has to be road legal, right? :p
  • Yossie
    Yossie Posts: 2,600
    Road legal doesn't meant having shyt all over it - dork disc, reflectors, etc all go in the bin today.

It may also be worth straightening your saddle - it looks like its over to the right.