personality changing

2»

Comments

• Giraffoto
    Giraffoto Posts: 2,078
    So you've grown out of computer games - good for you, you'll get more fresh air and some Sun on your face. Don't regret the time you've wasted playing them, that's just wasting more time!
    Specialized Roubaix Elite 2015
    XM-057 rigid 29er
  • markhewitt1978
    markhewitt1978 Posts: 7,614
    Giraffoto wrote:
    So you've grown out of computer games - good for you, you'll get more fresh air and some Sun on your face. Don't regret the time you've wasted playing them, that's just wasting more time!

That's what I think when thinking about games, unproductive, which is why I like cycling, it's fun, but because it improves your fitness you feel like your getting something out of it too!
  • gt-arrowhead
    gt-arrowhead Posts: 2,507
    You two are both right there. As it happens i bought some Xbox live today. I havent been on my Xbox online for the best part of 3 months. (when i do go on, its never more than an hour anyway!) And i played 3 games online of call of duty and i was about to fall asleep from boredom...games have just got so boring. I thought i would have got hooked again after not playing so long, but turns out not. Bikes and cycling FTW!
  • Anonymous
    Anonymous Posts: 79,667
    trying to talk my best m8 into putting down the xbox controller and come out cycling with me.

unfortunately he owns a voodoo marasa or something so its solid front fork zero suspension so I guess it gonna be road riding for a bit ):
  • Chunkers1980
    Chunkers1980 Posts: 8,035
    Of course there was no mountain biking before front suspension. What do you think we did? It made it better, not possible.
  • Anonymous
    Anonymous Posts: 79,667
    i know seems the technology is about might as well use it
  • Thewaylander
    Thewaylander Posts: 8,594
    Clank wrote:
    Having an interest in psychology makes f**k all difference to being able to describe yourself or your feelings. it helps you label others but reading books on the brain doesn't give anyone the super-power of introspection. Self awareness is a rare gift - you probably don't have it - most folk don't. The key is not to let it bother you - there's no reason why it should. The key to changes in your life is to accept them and get on with the job of living in the here and now as best you can, and not looking back and asking the 'what if's'. Those kinds of questions are draining and rarely give the answer we want.

The way I see it, it's like riding a trail. Look ahead and use your skills and experience to steer around obstacles that might have you off. If you always look over your shoulder, you'll hit a tree and hurt yourself. Riding then ceases to be fun, and if we're honest, we're here for a good time, not a long time. Stay loose and supple and learn to soak up the bumps and compressions. Jump if you have the skills to land them, but don't mourn if you haven't. Don't be scared to get off and walk if you think the track is too rough - ego has killed more people than caution. Enjoy the views. But whatever you do, don't get back to the car park and talk about how much better your bike in then everyone else's. It'll say more about you as a person than your bike ever will.

In short: Learn from your past - don't live in it. Things evolve - just evolve with them.

But but but my bike is sooooo much better :lol:
  • FocusZing
    FocusZing Posts: 4,373
    Clank wrote:
    Having an interest in psychology makes f**k all difference to being able to describe yourself or your feelings. it helps you label others but reading books on the brain doesn't give anyone the super-power of introspection. Self awareness is a rare gift - you probably don't have it - most folk don't. The key is not to let it bother you - there's no reason why it should. The key to changes in your life is to accept them and get on with the job of living in the here and now as best you can, and not looking back and asking the 'what if's'. Those kinds of questions are draining and rarely give the answer we want.

The way I see it, it's like riding a trail. Look ahead and use your skills and experience to steer around obstacles that might have you off. If you always look over your shoulder, you'll hit a tree and hurt yourself. Riding then ceases to be fun, and if we're honest, we're here for a good time, not a long time. Stay loose and supple and learn to soak up the bumps and compressions. Jump if you have the skills to land them, but don't mourn if you haven't. Don't be scared to get off and walk if you think the track is too rough - ego has killed more people than caution. Enjoy the views. But whatever you do, don't get back to the car park and talk about how much better your bike in then everyone else's. It'll say more about you as a person than your bike ever will.

In short: Learn from your past - don't live in it. Things evolve - just evolve with them.

"How would I write my own epitaph? With a crayon - I'm not allowed anything I can sharpen to a sustainable point."

Perhaps it is time you bought yourself a fountain pen.
  • Clank
    Clank Posts: 2,323
    Clank wrote:
    But whatever you do, don't get back to the car park and talk about how much better your bike in then everyone else's. It'll say more about you as a person than your bike ever will.

But but but my bike is sooooo much better :lol:

I rest my case! :lol::wink:
    How would I write my own epitaph? With a crayon - I'm not allowed anything I can sharpen to a sustainable point.

Disclaimer: Opinions expressed herein are worth exactly what you paid for them.
  • smegg40
    smegg40 Posts: 75
    Clank wrote:

Bloody hell !! :)
  • mattshrops
    mattshrops Posts: 1,134
    I like the trail analogy.
    As a new mtb convert my skills are still at the level where if I stop and look at the trail I might say "f@@k that i'm pushing" :shock: Sometimes like in life you need to keep moving and try not to overthink things too much.

Incidentally I have very recently grown out of online gaming. I'm 47. :roll:

Felt like I was rocking dem trails today 8) *

*obv. I wasn't -but all is relative- and it was damn good fun.
    Death or Glory- Just another Story