altura shorts sizing

john2002
john2002 Posts: 158
edited June 2013 in MTB buying advice
I'm looking at buy some altura summit baggy shorts. is the sizing guide accurate? or do they come up big or small? im 36" waist with a tape meassure. so X large but i dont want the shorts hanging of my waist. also are they good shorts?
i cant try them on local, so i need to order online.

L 33" - 35"
XL 36" - 38"

Thanks
GT Avalanche 1.0 Disc 2011, Fixie, frankenbike

Comments

• cooldad
    cooldad Posts: 32,599
    As a fat bastard buy XL.
    I don't do smileys.

There is no secret ingredient - Kung Fu Panda

London Calling on Facebook

Parktools
  • snowster
    snowster Posts: 490
    Ordered some two weeks ago and like you am a 36 inch waist, so order xl and they are just right
  • Kowalski675
    Kowalski675 Posts: 4,412
    I have two pairs of Enduras and they do seem to be on the small side sizewise. My size smalls are just right for my 29" waist - their size guide says they'll fit a 30", but they'd be on the snug side.

Edit - ignore me, just realised you said Altura, not Endura, lol. D'oh.
  • Myster101
    Myster101 Posts: 856
    Get the XL for a 36"waist. You can use the Velcro adjusters to "fine tune" them.

Scott Genius MC 30 RIP
    Nukeproof Mega AM 275 Comp
    Cube LTD Rigid Commuter
    Ribble 7005 Sportive
  • The Rookie
    The Rookie Posts: 27,812
    My Enduras are a large, I'm a 33" waist and while they come up a little large for me, I think for a 36" you'd be better off with an XL.
    Currently riding a Whyte T130C, X0 drivetrain, Magura Trail brakes converted to mixed wheel size (homebuilt wheels) with 140mm Fox 34 Rhythm and RP23 suspension. 12.2Kg.
  • john2002
    john2002 Posts: 158
    thanks guys. didnt realise it had adjustable straps. i will order fat barstard XL size then.
    GT Avalanche 1.0 Disc 2011, Fixie, frankenbike