One-off Bionicon Reed

13»

Comments

• cat_with_no_tail
    cat_with_no_tail Posts: 12,981
    Couple of recent changes.

The Ultra-mag pedals just got progressively worse until a few rides ago, the body completely removed itself from the axle. I've put them to one side for now until I calm down with them and can be bothered having a proper look at them. They've been replaced with my spare set of MG-1s, they're a bit heavier (200g ish) and not as pimp. But at least they're reliable.

Finally, last week my X9 chainset died, the driveside arm developed a bit of a death wobble, so I thought I'd best swap them out before it completely falls of and kills me to death. Got a bargain on an M770 XT chainset off Merlin, just over £120. I wanted to replace my BB anyway, so that worked out well, once I sell the chainrings, the cranks and BB will have cost me £60. Which is very much worthwhile as Shimano chainsets are better than truvativ/SRAM ones to the nth degree imho.

2012-07-22120202.jpg

2012-07-22120213.jpg
  • cat_with_no_tail
    cat_with_no_tail Posts: 12,981
    Right, it's time to revive the old girl and stop being such a mincing, pansy, shaved legged, skinny latte drinking, homo roadie poofter!

New tires have been ordered for the old girl in the shape of some Racing Ralph double defence snakeskin affairs. That's me being optimistic and hoping for a decent dry spell this summer.

Hoping to get over the water and give her a good thrashin over at Llandegla in a few weeks.
  • pesky_jones
    pesky_jones Posts: 2,890
    Right, it's time to revive the old girl and stop being such a mincing, pansy, shaved legged, skinny latte drinking, homo roadie poofter!

Woah! good for you haha