Giro Stage 20 *spoiler*

1234568»

Comments

• inkyfingers
    inkyfingers Posts: 4,400
    We've discussed this before....

Legally, he shouldn't be posting them, but as he's not claiming they are his photos and is making no financial gain out of doing it then it's very unlikely anybody will care, in fact he might actually be doing Mr Gruber a favour by showing off his work and driving traffic to his website.
    "I have a lovely photo of a Camargue horse but will not post it now" (Frenchfighter - July 2013)
  • Richmond Racer
    Richmond Racer Posts: 8,561
    pat1cp wrote:
    I've started doing little amateur photography and I'm not absolutely of copyright laws but they are getting tighter and tighter. Should FF be posting all these images on here that he obviously hasn't taken himself without permission ??

I'm led to believe he has a 10 gazzillion terabyte hard drive full too.

He's been warned about how photographers, stock libraries etc view copyright, by some of us who took the time to do so. Its his look-out.
  • LeicesterLad
    LeicesterLad Posts: 3,908
    Some people just moan about anything.

He's making no money from the pictures - in fact he's getting photographers work out there. Nobody moans when we have a jokey/p*sstake thread and people post random pictures up that probably have the same copyright implications.

I'm sure deep down you all love looking at these photo's, I know I do. It's the t'internet and controlling where, when and how pictures are posted is pretty difficult. If people protected their pictures properly (ie that thing where you go to right click it and it's tells you to eff off) then it wouldn't be a problem. If photographers can't be arsed to do this that's there own problem.

Ever retweeted a picture somebody has put on twitter? I do with grubers images quite alot and he's always thankful of the retweet.
  • Richmond Racer
    Richmond Racer Posts: 8,561
    it wasnt moaning, LL. When it came up a few months ago, there was discussion and comments offered up in a decent spirit re some peoples awareness of copyright around images. That's all.
  • frenchfighter
    frenchfighter Posts: 30,642
    Some people just moan about anything.

He's making no money from the pictures - in fact he's getting photographers work out there. Nobody moans when we have a jokey/p*sstake thread and people post random pictures up that probably have the same copyright implications.

I'm sure deep down you all love looking at these photo's, I know I do. It's the t'internet and controlling where, when and how pictures are posted is pretty difficult. If people protected their pictures properly (ie that thing where you go to right click it and it's tells you to eff off) then it wouldn't be a problem. If photographers can't be arsed to do this that's there own problem.

Ever retweeted a picture somebody has put on twitter? I do with grubers images quite alot and he's always thankful of the retweet.

Thanks LL and this is pretty much it. Some places like Flickr have this an option to disable copying and some of the users implement it, ditto other sites.

People who disagree should wage their war against the 1,000,000,000 websites out there where photos are copied from somewhere else.

Also, for your information, here is a link of an actual interesting and current copyright issue:
    http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/magazine-22617001
    Contador is the Greatest
  • pat1cp
    pat1cp Posts: 766
    Also, for your information, here is a link of an actual interesting and current copyright issue:
    http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/magazine-22617001

The BBC article has little to do with copyright IMO, that's more of an image rights issue. What you are doing is posting a pro togs pictures without permission. The person taking the image holds the rights, not the person in the image.

Some of them may well be pleased with the publicity. Conversely, some may not.

(Can he see me?)
  • LeicesterLad
    LeicesterLad Posts: 3,908
    it wasnt moaning, LL. When it came up a few months ago, there was discussion and comments offered up in a decent spirit re some peoples awareness of copyright around images. That's all.

Didn't mean you directly RR - just think it's a bit of a petty squabble to get into, this forum has been full of pictures like this for years and it's not just Frenchie but because Frenchie put's a lot up and people don't get on with him they use it for a bit of character assasination!
  • frenchfighter
    tumblr_mm8xobhW9Q1qjfjdzo1_1280.jpg
    tumblr_mnklhisjoN1r8uj5bo1_1280.jpg

tumblr_mn4n688YQL1r4o0yso1_1280.jpg
    Contador is the Greatest
  • inkyfingers
    Should probably know, but who is the guy in the Maglia Rosa riding past the snow Frenchie?
    "I have a lovely photo of a Camargue horse but will not post it now" (Frenchfighter - July 2013)
  • bompington
    bompington Posts: 7,674
    Should probably know, but who is the guy in the Maglia Rosa riding past the snow Frenchie?
    I don't know, but he's clearly in the granny ring! Lightweight.
  • RichN95.
    RichN95. Posts: 27,176
    Beppe Saronni.

I'm surprised to see them on a mountain. I thought they'd got rid of them all so he could win the Giro.
    Twitter: @RichN95
  • frenchfighter
    Looks warm there to me. Makes for nice photos.
    Contador is the Greatest
  • inkyfingers
    RichN95 wrote:
    Beppe Saronni.

I'm surprised to see them on a mountain. I thought they'd got rid of them all so he could win the Giro.

Thank you Rich.
  • TheBigBean
    TheBigBean Posts: 20,781
    ddraver wrote:
    Can someone ask frenchie to posts the link please? I'm blocked for not agreeing with him 100% of the time...

If you quote the post then you can see the link. It is not very useful though.

http://d4nuk0dd6nrma.cloudfront.net/wp- ... 09-023.jpg
  • ddraver
    ddraver Posts: 26,405
    Yeah I mean the link to the actual website so i can see others. Frenchie also has a habit of "Instagraming" the photos, I prefer to see the originals
    We're in danger of confusing passion with incompetence
    - @ddraver
  • inkyfingers
  • Paul 8v
    Paul 8v Posts: 5,458
    I think the forum would be a lot duller without Frenchies posts, as above he's not making any money with the photos and I'm sure if one of the photographers had a problem he would stop. I wouldn't see any of their work without Frenchie posting them so I suppose it's a bit of free advertising for them too!
  • ddraver

Much obliged sir! Interesting how all those Stage 20 ones have been post processed to the extreme, must have been impossible to get any genuine good ones given the conditions...
    - @ddraver
  • TheBigBean
    TheBigBean Posts: 20,781
    ddraver wrote:

Much obliged sir! Interesting how all those Stage 20 ones have been post processed to the extreme, must have been impossible to get any genuine good ones given the conditions...

Perhaps you should go out for a beer with frenchfighter one day if you pass through London. He's a nice guy and it would be a whole lot more efficient way to find the source of photos.
  • salsiccia1
    salsiccia1 Posts: 3,725
    tumblr_mm8xobhW9Q1qjfjdzo1_1280.jpg

That's an absolute beauty. Did cycling ever look better than in the 80's?
    It's only a bit of sport, Mun. Relax and enjoy the racing.
  • frenchfighter
    Yeah, there was some super style going round then, and before:

angel-tmb.jpg

Story behind this photo:
    http://www.cycleboredom.com/retrofetish ... o-ditalia/
    Contador is the Greatest
  • ddraver
    TheBigBean wrote:
    ddraver wrote:

Perhaps you should go out for a beer with frenchfighter one day if you pass through London. He's a nice guy and it would be a whole lot more efficient way to find the source of photos.

Erm...so we can talk about post processing?

For the record I got sick of having my olive branches burnt so i just stopped offering them...as I ve said many times, if he's a nice guy, why can't he bring it to the keyboard like the rest of us?
    - @ddraver
  • frenchfighter
    tumblr_mne9jcP8Kl1qzxpybo1_1280.jpg

tumblr_mnamv1xaZx1s2si15o1_1280.png

575795_10151420858118247_1749633916_n.jpg
    Contador is the Greatest