Cr4p Jobs

2»

Comments

• pauldavid
    pauldavid Posts: 392
    Used to work cleaning planes between flights at Cardiff Airport.

All i can say is holiday makers are a disgusting bunch of mongs leaving full sick bags in the back of seats and all sorts.. bunch of dirty Barstewards.

Yea, that was me, wasn't gonna take it with me it stank.
  • Woodmonkey
    Woodmonkey Posts: 412
    I spent a few weeks wrapping bacon around sausages as a student job in the run up to Christmas, pretty dull, and just so you know the marks and spencer ones were exactly the same as Asda, Morrison, safeway( it was a few years ago) they just put different labels on them.
    pity those who don't drink, the way they feel when they wake is the best they will feel all day

voodoo hoodoo
  • Woodmonkey
    Clank wrote:
    Helping pigs breed.

Suppose someone has to walk the pigs!
    pity those who don't drink, the way they feel when they wake is the best they will feel all day

voodoo hoodoo
  • Raymondavalon
    Raymondavalon Posts: 5,346
    When I arrived in England in 2001, I had a few months to kill before starting my job
    I was staying with family in Stamford, Lincs and was "coaxed" into going to the Job Centre to find something to tide me over until December.

Alas, I ended up working at Geo Adams, pork product at the food processing plant in Spalding.
    The stench of pig blood was pungent and I was a white coat, rubber boot, hair net wearing skivvy on a pork pie plant
    The work was tedious and the fat from the pork pies was like half an inch thick on the floor.
    Also most of the permanent and agency staff were as thick as freakin' bricks and it was hard to hold a conversation with them.. inbreeding?

I lasted two weeks and decided I'd rather be unemployed and dignified...
  • Woodmonkey
    When I arrived in England in 2001, I had a few months to kill before starting my job
    I was staying with family in Stamford, Lincs and was "coaxed" into going to the Job Centre to find something to tide me over until December.

Alas, I ended up working at Geo Adams, pork product at the food processing plant in Spalding.
    The stench of pig blood was pungent and I was a white coat, rubber boot, hair net wearing skivvy on a pork pie plant
    The work was tedious and the fat from the pork pies was like half an inch thick on the floor.
    Also most of the permanent and agency staff were as thick as freakin' bricks and it was hard to hold a conversation with them.. inbreeding?

I lasted two weeks and decided I'd rather be unemployed and dignified...
    That's where I rolled the pigs in blankets. I managed a fortnight too, I could deal with the smell and grease, it was the locals that frightened me! I have never eaten a geo Adams product since and that was 20 years ago!!!!!!!!!!

voodoo hoodoo
  • YeehaaMcgee
    YeehaaMcgee Posts: 5,740
    The worst job would be a dog walker. Imagine having to do that several times a day for a living. So humiliating.
  • DCR00
    DCR00 Posts: 2,160
    I worked in the kitchen at the local mental hospital when I was about 17

It was generally sh*te as kitchen jobs tend to be

We used to have our lunch with the patients, which was sometimes entertaining

The highlight of my time there was coming into work one morning to be greeted by an elderly gentleman taking a p*ss in the hallway...

My first proper job was pretty crap as well. Another kitchen job. Fresh out of school at 16 and I was paid the princely sum of £200 per month for a 60 hour week.

I should point out that I don't work in a kitchen now
  • YeehaaMcgee
    DCR00 wrote:
    I worked in the kitchen at the local mental hospital when I was about 17
    I used to have to visit a mental hospital regularly when I was about 17. The canteen was crap, they'd blunted all the knives to make suicide something of a tricky affair, and there was often a mostly naked fat man walking in the hall outside. And yes, I do mean "walking" in that intention.
    If you had to walk past him, he'd try to follow you while blurting out incomprehensible noise, sort of like Cartman on the verge of a diabetic coma.
  • bennett_346
    bennett_346 Posts: 5,029
    blurting out incomprehensible noise, sort of like Cartman on the verge of a diabetic coma.
    You owe me a new keyboard :shock:
  • Gazlar
    Gazlar Posts: 8,084
    Used to work cleaning planes between flights at Cardiff Airport.

To be fair, you shouldnt have been sweeping the wings after takeoff though

Clank, I knew I recognised you, are you this woman?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fNb5ZPsNGzc
    Mountain biking is like sex.......more fun when someone else is getting hurt
    Amy
    Farnsworth
    Zapp
  • Clank
    Clank Posts: 2,323
    Gazlar wrote:
    Clank, I knew I recognised you, are you this woman?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fNb5ZPsNGzc

:shock: Jeebuz, I look a right state in overalls! Not a good look.

Rule no.1. Never, ever, watch yourself on TV.
    How would I write my own epitaph? With a crayon - I'm not allowed anything I can sharpen to a sustainable point.

Disclaimer: Opinions expressed herein are worth exactly what you paid for them.
  • sheepsteeth
    sheepsteeth Posts: 17,418
    Worst job i have ever seen and i do mean ever is the job done my a medic i know called Stu.

it was his job to hold my arsecheeks open whilst 2 different men fingered my anus.
  • spongtastic
    spongtastic Posts: 2,651
    After failing Uni I had a succession of mind numbingly bad jobs, one after another.

First was grading chicken breeding stock. This job required the ability to get up at 4 am, drive to a strange part of the country in a knackered transit, enter a 'free range' farm shed containing about 3000 chickens, fence a bit off, let the chickens through one at a time, checking them for 'abnormalities', taking blood samples and wringing the neck of anything that didn't meet standards. I lasted 2 weeks

Bottling Milk. You may think that when you see shiney bottling equipment on the TV it's a nice, clean, easy job. It's not. The place stinks of cheese, the plastic bottles regularly jam, lids don't get put on properly (or picked up off the floor and just pushed on) and it's about 4 degrees centigrade, all the bottles are also put in the lovely metal cages by had. Imagine lifting 20,000 plastic 4 pint bottles. Or you could go upstairs and load the plastic bottles on the conveyor line 500 at a time. Lasted 4 weeks, as when some chump (not me) put the wrong sticker reel on a line we had to spend another 8 hours reloading a supermarket delivery. We were not paid.

Making battery chargers. I spent 18 months making the transformers for mobile phone chargers, which then went onto a production line to be put together. Mind numbingly boring, but I could finish a days quota in under 4 hours, so the rest was a bonus earning. Bad points were that it paid about £120 per week basic and my colleagues were the type that thought Essex FM was funny.

Technical Officer at local Council. 2 years investigating blocked drains, bad kitchens, dog s*it and doing all the things the EHOs on the TV never actually do. Their 'caseload' was three visits a day, mine was always over 25.
    Visit Clacton during the School holidays - it's like a never ending freak show.

Who are you calling inbred?
  • YeehaaMcgee
    Worst job i have ever seen and i do mean ever is the job done my a medic i know called Stu.

it was his job to hold my arsecheeks open whilst 2 different men fingered my anus.
    Double fisted whilst restrained by a third. Holy cow, no wander you walk funny. How much did that cost you?
  • unquestioned
    unquestioned Posts: 172
    Fish factories, worst places ever.

Almost everyone else hails from the USSR so not much to talk about. Standing on a line either sticking labels on packet after packet or slapping pieces of fish onto cardboard so it looks nice... Not many people washed their hands after the toilet in that place.

But, best job ever, beach comber. Spent the summer walking around in the sun guiding a machine operator to go clean one bit or other & burying the occasional dead animal.
  • smegg40
    smegg40 Posts: 75
    YTS builder,getting the good jobs like emptying the cellar of backed up sewage and cleaning up 100 year old ceilings that we had just ripped down and making endless cups of tea for the Yosser Hughes look-a-like foreman.
  • Anonymous
    Anonymous Posts: 79,667
    Motley13 wrote:
    Working in a supermarket. It is just a plain cr4p job, people treat you like cr4p, managers treat you like cr4p, under staffed, boring as hell, everything is cr4p. Never knew how weird and wonderful the general public were till i got my job, for example someone actually took a dump in the store the other week :shock: . Can not wait to get out of there now

I currently work in a supermarket

worst job I've had: worked in a pickle factory

worked in a pickle factory for around 8 weeks before I fell out with my agency thankfully they went bust like a month later. where shall I start firstly I was the only English person on my entire shift besides my manager who was Scottish and a right cunt. my job was the quality control pickle and mix dried pickles together. ended up elbow deep in pickles and vinegar mixing the pickle and checking the quality only good thing is that everyone on my shift besides 2 were women all polish and eastern European but they were really good looking shame they couldn't speak any english :cry:
  • supersonic
    supersonic Posts: 82,708
    I used to work at Halfords. I win.
  • welshkev
    welshkev Posts: 9,690
    supersonic wrote:
    I used to work at Halfords. I win.

Ha ha, I did too :)
  • Ben_morris
    Ben_morris Posts: 61
    We clear council houses once the a tenant has been evicted. Most of the time its a drug hole. We have found needles in the light switch so when you press the button they hope it sticks you in your finger.

We have found needles glued to the bottom of stair banisters in the hope of it cutting you when you run your hand down the banister.

All fun!!! Good job it pays the bills lol.
  • YeehaaMcgee
    "Most" are like that? Seriously? :shock:
  • Ben_morris
    Yeh. 90% of the time theres used needles. Its generally the sellers house that have the ' traps '.
  • YeehaaMcgee
    That's crazy, I'm genuinely shocked!
    I know tons of people living in council accommodation, and only one of them is a heroin addict. I hadn't realised it was that big a problem.
  • bennett_346
    bennett_346 Posts: 5,029
    Maybe he lives in Glasgow.
  • Ben_morris
    Yeh its quite bad in chesterfield.

We do clear and store clean properties aswell.

One house we did this bloke kept having a sh*t on sofa and just put cushion back on top of it.

Another we cleared the tenant basically painted all the walls in his crap.
  • YeehaaMcgee
    Why? Just... why?
  • supersonic
    supersonic Posts: 82,708
    Yep, I'd at least wipe my aris on the curtains as well.
  • welshkev
    welshkev Posts: 9,690
    A mate of mine works for the council and he was working on a house where all of the kids would take a piss on the floor behind the sofa rather than go and use the toilet!!

There's some weirdos out there that's for sure!
  • Ben_morris
    Yup some right nutters.

I dont mind it pays the bills. Lol

I think theres 5 evictions this week. So we will see what sh*t holes we have.

Worst was when a guy had died and they found him a few weeks later. There was flies like aeroplanes.